cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setback

i have been smoke free for 13 days and i am proud of myself. plus i've been exercising but now i have a sciatica nerve thing and it is really depressing me and making me angry. 

when i feel this way, i want to do something like smoke. i haven't but i want to. 

what to do? 

lewis 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

smokenomorelpj‌ Lewis, I am a newbie here, and I can tell you that what Ellen says is so true!  It isn't always easy, and wow elvan‌ Thanks for filling me in on all YOU have going on as well, I didn't know, and will keep you in my thoughts. 

But Lewis, don't wait to get to points that others are at,  like Ellen, like me, and many others......So far I am only concerned about a spot on my lung that they will monitor in another 6 to 9 months, I'm praying it is nothing more than what they are calling it, Ground Glass Nodules, but it's been enough for me to quit, and stay quit for 37 days now!  

I hated smoking, thought I loved it, and it was always there for me when stress hit, when things were not going well, when things were going well, but it really was just killing me!  I am the happy quitter, and after 43 years of smoking a pack and sometimes more, per day, I can honestly say, I am not missing it.  

I hope that I don't come down with COPD like others have, as I hear it's not a walk in the park!  

Be kind to yourself, work the program here, and let me tell you, I am so glad for this site, and all the support they offer each and every newbie, as well as the alumni's.....It's just a great place to have available!  

I will be thinking about you Lewis, I hope you can fight the addiction and do right for yourself!  Being a quitter is worth every effort you make.

Sandy 37 DOF

Sandy

I will pray for you. I'm sure that the nodule, as most are, is benign. I had a nodule on my lung and it was benign. They took it out, and everything is okay. My aunt has COPD from years of smoking and drinking, and she still won't quit. I'm always concerned about her, and it was watching her that made me decide to get help. I hated smoking as well. It did nothing for me. I still felt miserable after the first and last puff. No problems were resolved, and depression became worse from smoking. I know, after 15 days of non smoking, I feel better about myself, and I want to venture out more as this was a problem before I stopped. I thought smoking was my friend and that it protected me from the harsh world, but in fact it fooled me for years, and offered me nothing but despair. 

I will be thinking and praying for you.

This site, and the people are amazing. I never experienced this type of support at meetings in the city. I will make it through this storm, and so will you. We will make it together. And, smoking will not win. 

Thank you,

Lewis 

Sootie

smokenomorelpj‌  My husband also had back problems and was told he would need surgery. He tried an inversion table instead as well as exercises. They worked a miracle and even his surgeon said...well, if you beat the pain then don't have surgery. You never want surgery if it is not definitely needed. Not sure if this would help you but it sure helped him. One thing that he did not do was smoke. We have both been quit for 8 years now and we know that smoking is the answer to.......................NOTHING.

Stay Strong.

Thank you so much for this inspirational personal journey of your husband. I will take it to heart. 

14 days free today. 

Lewis 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

sayings welcome we are glad you are here.jpgLots of advice above ....stick with Ex, I did and glad of it !

Everything I find here is helpful in my Quit ..in one way or another....So I just keep reading as much as I can.

Keep moving,changed routine,etc..... All of those things are carrying me through each day. I THANK GOD EVERYDAY,HE LED ME TO THIS SITE!!!! I thank each and every member for all they do here.

Mikek69

I had same problem but do make my mistake and start again. I had 67days and started again because of back pain and not sleeping . Now I'm on day 5

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on day 5 

0 Kudos
Mikek69

I'm trying that, I have a step app

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 4:55 PM JACKIE1-25-15 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on day 5, stay close to the site, it is the best advice I can give you.  I came here every morning and every evening and I have been smokefree for over four years...read blogs, read and read and read.  Education, commitment, and support will get you through anything.  I am so sorry you lost that 67 day quit but this time will be different because you are here.  We cannot do it for you but we can remind you that smoking doesn't fix anything.  I have chronic back pain, sometimes so severe that I can hardly take a breath...smoking never helped me with it, it just distracted me for a very, very short time while it was incinerating my lungs.  Please lean on us, let us help you to grow this quit.

Ellen

0 Kudos