cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimplySheri

Yoga Helps Everything

~~Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you eat.~~  Unknown

I'm so happy to see this part of Ex   Just wanted to share that I started doing yoga when I quit smoking.  I used to 'dabble' at it here and there as a smoker but quitting actually helped me focus on truly understanding yoga and doing it well. 

Yoga is not just different poses.  It is not just for the flexible.  It is not just for the young.

Yoga is a way of life!  It is breathing, it is balance, it is focus.  It can be flowing or standing or seated or gentle. 

I encourage everyone to find a class nearby or even do it at home.  I used YouTube to find some channels I liked and just tried everything   Now I do my yoga every morning and some evenings as well, depending on my stress level.  It helps keep me calm, centered, and ok during life's challenges! 

Namaste,

Sheri

Tags (1)
13 Replies
SimplySheri

Hi Jackie!  I use Yoga with Adrian on youtube as well as Five Parks Yoga and Yogamazing.  Tai Chi is excellent as well but much different than yoga.  Hope you had a good day   I just love having you here!!

0 Kudos

I’m gonna be honest.  I hate yoga.  It is much harder than I thought. My girlfriends and I did a month long yoga session at my rec center.  I thought it was going to be so easy.  Boy was I wrong!!  I couldn’t wait for it to be over!! Lol.  I have tried doing it at home because I know how beneficial it is but I find it boring and let’s face it, I’m just not that flexible!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

ha ha ha 

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

kristen-9.7.15‌ I'm so sorry you had a bad experience.  Yoga isn't hard and if you hated it, it must have been the instructor  Yoga is fun!!  You don't have to be flexible but you do have to want to be there