cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you eat?

Aside from the obvious...eating to survive.....let's talk about why we eat when we are not hungry!

I realized last night as I reading some pages from Allen's book and thinking of how happy I was to have walked....I realize I have always had a food addiction.....the nicotene just gave me something else to do so my food addiction didn't always win. I eat to feel better, ironically I never do, but at the moment - I think I do....hmmmmeating addiction is not much different than our smoking addiction eh??

Now, Iam getting rid of one addiction, I really need to make sure my second addiction DOES NOT GROW!!

Any one else have thoughts on this topic? Why we eat? Have you had other addictions that were dormant while you smoked?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jan__tx

I just joined WWatchers online - even started a group on here (hint hint) and I love it because u can eat:)
0 Kudos
annie8

I eat non-stop so as to avoid the "after meal" trigger for nicotine. Subconsciously, perhaps, but that's what I'm doing.
0 Kudos
raymond_clark

Hi everone and I just wanted to leave a post on this question cause cause cause I guess that one of my orther addictions besides all the orther ones I have.And I got to be honest with everyone I'm not sure Why I eat so much my guess is it's a way to fill the voids in my life.I wish God would answer that question for me I know he's allpowerfull but I am really weak phsically and also mentally so I'm begging God or Jesus Christ please H.E.L.P. me one day at a time or one minute at a time if at all possible thank's and Amen.God Bless everyone at EX to fight all these terrible addictions and P.S. I hope I get time to spend with this group cause I know I'm signed up with about 13 group and I've only visited about 3 or 4 so please forgive me God and the rest of my wounderfull friend.
myspace comments
Get MySpace Comments without leaving myspace!
0 Kudos