cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgy8513

What motivates you?

I want to be healthy.    That's why I quit smoking (along with other reasons).   Now, I want to be more physically healthy and losing weight and getting more active will help that.   

Also, honestly.....I don't want to look like a big, fat whale at the pool in Orlando.

Sharon    day 2 of healthy eating!        162 days of Freedom!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JRC

I guess what motivates me is that I want control of my life where I can have it.

0 Kudos
promise_judy

Way to go Sharon 162 days that is impressive.

My motivation came last year when on my birthday a friend of mine passed away. She had been very ill for a long time but somehow I still was socked. I know everyone has went through that experience. Even though you know their time is close when it  happens you just can't believe it. I was so angry that I decided to focus my anger on something positive--a healthier lifestyle. I have always read alot of self help books and so I started reading everything and anything. I lost 30 lbs and adventually I found this website just in time too, because I want to stop smoking. I stopped smoking 8/28/13 and although I haven't gained any weight from my quit I still needed to lose 15 pounds. I am so glad Moody invited me to join and I know with help from my friends I will do just fine.

Judy

0 Kudos

my kids. seeing my parents failing health. BUT - my parents have been here with me for decades - I want that with my kids too. I will be 56 when my baby graduates high school. 60 when she graduates college. so well into my 60s when she gets married and has kids of her own. At least that is my plan for her.

And health - although I've been in relatively good health so it wasn't an immediate motivator.

Keep up the great work! As I mentioned on another blog - the weight will come off when the weather warms up!  

0 Kudos