Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

What are you doing today?

I am behaving today. I already wrote in the other topic 😉

0 Kudos
94 Replies
ShawnP

@ judy....every time someone comments in a certain discussion topic, it moves to the front of the line, so to speak. U only see 4 but  if you click on group discussion on left side, you can access all the topics on that page.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

@ Joan. You can make a free account online and type your food in there if  you want instead of writing it down. Some sites have the apps for the phone too where u can type there as well.  My sister takes a pill for that but was prescribed by doctor. She claims it works but she sees the bathroom an awful lot

0 Kudos
candylance

Joined Livestrong and it is a world of help. Totally overdid the calories yesterday due to wings and cheesy bread and just picking, as Sharon calls it, all day. I had a bad fall day before yesterday and I think i was trying to comfort myself! LOL!! Not funny when I weighed this morning and had gained 2 pounds. Will try to be better today.

Candy         d151

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Good morning! I run the nutrition reports at end of day when i am done putting in my food and it gives you a breakdown of fat, calories, protein and carbs. There is a range you are supposed to be in for each one and it gives you your numbers but I am having hard time meeting these ranges. Still finding it hard to get my calories in. I didn't each much yesterday and had a nacho bellgrande when i came home from work.  I made the fat numbers LOL . It  gave me a pie graph where it divides what you ate for the day and of course 3/4 of it was that Nacho dinner. Oh my! I have a breakfast this am with the ladies. I am staying away from sweets. I have noticed if i say no to sweets, I don't have a problem with craving it like a did before. This is like getting the nicotine out of your system. 

@ Candy----when you said comfort yourself, that reminded me of the cigarette tracker. You are starting to recognize what makes you overeat, so to speak. It's funny what we learn on Ex can apply to dieting too. No let me correct myself, not dieting, a new way of eating, a lifestyle change. I am looking at food and saying "do i really want to eat that, if i do, then i might not have much later to eat. More bang for your calories.

0 Kudos
Jaxson1-16-14

I am going to up the ante today walk for 9 minutes...how I miss walking. I used to walk 3-4 miles a day, now I can only do a few minutes because I am in utter agony because of that blood clot that decided it needed to hang around! If I continue to walk until it hurts I will create a new blood vessel and in essence my body will create its own bypass. So everyday I will increase my walking time even if it is only for a few seconds a day!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I came back from my meeting/breakfast this am. Ha! you all want a laugh? the womens group at church is starting a weight class in march. I sat there and laughed. I believe this is what i need to do. (lose weight) Between spark people, dietbet, here on Ex and there, i should accomplish something. I have great motivation

0 Kudos
candylance

My motivation today is to make up for yesterday's overeating. I know one thing. My stomach is flatter!! Not nearly as bloated. I don't think anything is wrong with my gallbladder. I've just been eating too much and not able to exercise except for my upper body, seated. Have no idea how many calories it burns. My eating and the way I look at food are totally different!! YAY!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I knew i saved this vid for a reason. Candy, see if you can view this video without an account. This is a sit down workout

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=42

0 Kudos
candylance

I have to get ready for the coming week. Go grocery shopping with Hubby this morning. Try Shawn's workout but will ask doctor's permission tomorrow when I go to Durham for an injection on either side of my spine helping the lower back pain and sciatica in both legs. He said they wouldn't help my nerve damage in my legs and feet.

@ Shawn!! You are so thoughtful!! Thank you for putting up the video. Will watch and ask doctor about it tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Jaxson1-16-14

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was yesterday! Way, way to bitterly cold to go outside to walk, my apartment is too small, I'd end up breaking something and mostly likely it would be me, so I decided to go to the grocery store. Do some shopping and get some walking in at the same time.

I forgot my phone in the car and my watch at home, but I did catch the time on their readerboard and it was 2 pm, so I thought if I walk the outer perimeter 4 times it is a possibility it could take 10 mins. and that is good.

So I finished my shopping and started walking, around and around, my foot started to hurt so bad so I would let it rest for about 30 seconds and keep going...kind of lost track of the rounds I made but figured I had probably done at least 10 mins...When I left the store, I was in line for less than 2 mins., I glanced at the readerboard once again and about fell over!! It was 2:40 pm!! I had been in the store walking for 40 minutes! 

Today I will walk for 10 mins. at least, if I can go longer I will, just don't want to push it too far! 🙂

0 Kudos