cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosie1917

Terrified to Start

Hey! I am pretty much completely new to working out. I've always done it in small spurts. I've never had a very disciplined routine of it. That said, I did used to run track when I was a teenager and I took a weightlifting class too. I did enjoy those things, but as an adult I am extraordinarily lazy and bogged down mentally with life. I don't know how to start. 

I know being physically active will pretty much guarantee my quit is permanent. And so I obviously want to do that. But, when I put on my running clothes, I get so nervous to be seen at all that I turn back before I even open the door. I feel like my addiction KNOWS running will kill it, so it goes out of its way to stop me from doing something I enjoy. 

Does anyone else have any experience with something like this?

Labels (2)
11 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Rosie1917 If you left click on the mention of the play in Giulia's response it will take you right to it!  ♥

elvan

I can’t go for walks because l can’t breathe but l really don’t care what l look like, you can start any way you want to but please let it be YOUR decision & not someone else’s.

Ellen