cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maki

Sweat or no sweat

Sweat or no sweat , spring is coming  . 

If you've fallen off the bandwagon getting the goal for excersise a permanent life style change happenin , no sweat , spring is coming . It's a second chance at making the New Years resolution happen permanently . Who says New Years has to start Jan 1 lol . 

For me it started yesterday that I decided enough is enough and like smoking I am just taking one day at a time and doing it .  . I'm not looking at the future as much as I am looking forward to today . It's all I got and it's all the work that is required for today to get the job done. 

Weigh scales are not required . Just persistence ,perseverance  commitment and patience and gratitude "  Lets do this in a healthy way"  is my motto . 

Like quitting smoking I had a relapse . Like smoking  I let circumstances , triggers and the things that I had no control over take control . It's a negative response .  I m taking my power back and turning negative into positive . I have to do it for me, just like I had to quit smoking for me . 

I'm starting at the basics , back to just achieving small goals of time instead of fearing that forever word and facing the denial head on . I won't be or looking for excuses not to excersise, or blaming my circumstances on those circumstances or others . My quit is dependant on my attitude being positive

No slips from this day forward ,"  I'm not going that way " another valuable slogan I will use to excersise .  Not doing leads to not doing and not doing again and that leads to relapse . My new comfortable will be "doing what I think I can't do "and the goal is just to " go to bed a winner " . 

Sweat or no sweat , I'm in it to win it .  Let joy follow as each day passes . I can do it , you can do it , we can do it .

☀️One day at a time ☀️                          

Please join in if you want to , I'm open to that . We can inspire each other with quit slogans and memes , little successes and big successes , success stories and more positivity to make it happen ! No negative comments allowed even if you couldn't do it today . Negative never produces good results .   " Make a commitment to excersize as I have today and use the quit slogans you are using to quit smoking or add ones specifically for excersising .Share what you use . We are not maybe body builders or triathletes just Ex smokers who want a better lifestyle moving forward . Who knows maybe some of you are body builders and triathletes present or Ex and if not I always say it's never too late 🙂

Please check with your doctor . Let them know what you are doing . It's always good to have them on board . They know your medical history . 

Maki 

SNS ( sweat , no sweat ) day 2

Have a good day moving forward everyone . 

19 Replies
SuzyQ411

The "moving the best I can" concept seems best for me! I will seek out the different exercise groups you mentioned. All I know is I have to get off my butt, lol 😊

0 Kudos
Maki

I think you would really like that group .. you fit in well there . It's the only group I know of in the excersise section that indingrl would have recommended to you . See you there . 

SuzyQ411

@Maki  It was actually more of a "suggestion" from @indingrl  than an actual invite... any help in how to access the moving the best we can site would be appreciated.. I can't seem to find it!

0 Kudos
Maki

Go to excersise and fitness .. you will see that on the top section of the main page  then to go to Get moving part 3 . 

The other way is there is three lines top left , it will bring up the groups . I honestly don't know of any active ones other than the excersise one , and pets. I tried to reactivate one or two closed and open groups but my guess is it's hard for newcomers to find them and then when no one there for whatever reasons , then It's not welcoming . 

New rules and changes , and for me I know computer illiteracy can be a frustration , but I wish a couple were accessible and people there . 

Good luck . If you can't get to it , I'm sure others will come along and direct you there'd. I'm not good with explanatory words . 

Stay safe stay quit . You are doing an awesome job and so positive . I do hope you post here once in a while with your positivity and do what you can too . 

0 Kudos
Maki

As predicted a reply , and quick too lol , but to find it in your own , I hope the directions I gave you worked . 

JACKIE1-25-15

@Maki No Sweat. I may have read it incorrectly but  a question was asked several times  Sorry my answer has created a problem.  If you wish me to refrain from comments on your blogs I will comply.  I thought your blog was rather interesting, even gave it a like if I recall correctly.  No shade keeping it real and honest. Blessings to you.  It is all good. Have great day.  No sweat

0 Kudos
Maki

Your answer didn't create a problem , it was more info . I also could have posted a direct link but chose not to because I know for myself learning to do things and get around a new site can be frustrating , but like quitting smoking if we try , we usually find out we can . 

To me that's something positive to be successful and that success encourages us to try new things we never thought possible . 

It takes a village not one person . 

Thanks for your compliment . When no one responds it's hard to know if it's helping others or just myself .  If it's not then I. Won't waste my time just read for myself and keep in my own library at home . 

I don't post everything in the get moving group so that it reaches others as well outside that group . Not everyone is comfortable posting with the elders either . 

The new site for me as a senior computer illiterate newcomer would have been impossible but a wise man told me when I started to be curious , try , look around , we are here to help . It was that that kept me here and the desire to help others quit smoking and when I succeeded at doing something it helped my quit and so I learned and continue to  try and do one step at a time  . 

Im right now trying to focus on positivity and excersise and will keep posting . 

SuzyQ411

@Maki 

@JACKIE1-25-15 

I thank you both for your input for my connection issue, my friends!

I did use Jackie's direct link to make a short cut for me.

BUT I will be using your instructions later today, Maki, as a learning exercise. I chose to put that off for now as I am cooking a dinner to take over to my friend Connie's house to help out while she is adjusting to the death of her son.

I will check back in this evening to report on my anticipated success 😍

~ Suzy xox

JACKIE1-25-15

@Maki Thank you. got to go. 

0 Kudos