cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moody_9-18-13

Sunday Weigh In

This section will be used for reporting your WEIGHT LOSS to the group each Sunday. If you care to share, where you are to your overall weight loss goal, that's good too!

0 Kudos
222 Replies
smorgy8513

Yeah Judy!      I think I need to pledge each day for myself.....doing it in small things like "Today I pledge to drink 8 glasses of water".      

0 Kudos
MistyNoMore

Wow people.  Those are big losses!! 

0 Kudos
promise_judy

Sorry, I worked this weekend and it was so much walking I was a little tired and couldn't really respond at the weigh in.

Here's what I want to say to all of you. Weight loss is a personal thing because we all eat differently. Remember it is not important how much you loss or what diet you are on but think in terms is this going to be a lifestyle change or will I be able to change it after I have lost the weight I need too. For instance I do not plan to stay on a diet that is so restrictive in my carb input forever. So my plan was to lose as much as I could in the first two weeks. I started the diet on thursday the 16th and hope to loss by the 30th another 6 lbs or more. However much I weight after the 30th I will be increasing my carb intake by 5 and see how that effects my weight--my weight loss might continue but I am hopping I can find a number of carbs that allows me to loss weight just not as fast.

Now that I have purchase scales I will weight my self each day. I will continue to drink 8 glasses of fluids and I write down everything that I eat so I can track it.

These first few weeks will be an adventure (I know) and it's a learning period--so no how many lbs you add or lose Just remember you are learning about you and how your body works and don't get discouraged.

You can do this. To a healthy life!

Judy

0 Kudos
candylance

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2

My total weight loss is 6 pounds. I have 29 left to lose and I want to keep it at 2-3 pounds a week. Drinking the water helps douse my appetite. Each piece of sugar free gum has 5 calories. Am eating grapes and 1/4 cup raisins as snacks. Will eat some popcorn this afternoon. Love y'all!!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Lost 1.5 this week.    It is going so slow and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels most days.      When I get back from Orlando I will hit this like everything!    

congrats Candy on total of 6 lbs!    Good for you!

Sharon

0 Kudos
LouiseR

I am at 165, weighed myself friday and today and still at 165. Going to the rec center today to walk. Congrats to all who lost. Hope to post next sunday that i am down
0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Sunday, February 2, 2014 - I am happy!! I am keeping my calories 1200 to 1500 a day, but I added extra water to my diet. Low and behold, I have lost 2 pounds this week!!

My total loss for 3 weeks is 4 pounds, but I'm really happy because I can zip my pants and they feel better on than they did 3 weeks ago!! 🙂

Let's go Team! We can do this, we are the Quitters and Losers!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Just popping in and out here. Been busy yesterday and today and still am cooking for superbowl tonight. Todays weigh in was 1.02 lbs. I will try to catch up tomorrow. Have a good night.

0 Kudos
promise_judy

Ok see we are hanging in there and doing great. You have to remember that you might be losing inches and that maybe not showing up as pounds yet. No I am not saying we should report it--I am just saying check you measurments.

Anyway, I started at 156 1/2 and now I am at 147 (9 1/2) lbs.

This week I only lost 2 pounds so I am leveling off some.

I am plenty happy with 2 pounds for the week and that means I still have 17 more pounds to go if I am to get down to 130.

However at 5' 6 3/4" I am still wondering why the doctor wants me to go down to 130, doesn't that sound low to you? I mean I'll be 70 in April and I don't really think an old lady like me should be that thin. Why the necessity, I certainly can't see myself in a two peice bathing suit. What do you all think?

Judy

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Judy, I'm a short, petite 58 year old, only 5'2" and about 3 years ago I lost too much weight and got down to like 120. l looked like I'd been sick or something! I feel good and look better around 130.  I can't imagine someone your height and age at 130, you'd look like those tinker toy people we used to build when we were kids! 🙂 

0 Kudos