cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

Shawn's journey

Well where do i start? I love to cook and bake when I have time. I am an extreme couponer so I am always stocking up on something that most likely isn't always good for me. With the price of food these days, its hard to feed an army of guys. So you have to do what you have to do. Its pricey to buy all  fresh meats, vegetables and fruits all the time.  I can't say I am in love with food. I just eat to get by. When i used to smoke, i smoked and hardly ate which helped me to maintain my weight even though i wasn't at a healthy weight, still am not either. I used to eat once a day and my mom would always scold me and tell me that i need to eat 3x a day that i am putting my body into starvation mode. I know thats not how i got this way in my teenage years but it might be the scenario dating back 20 yrs ago to present. I have tried quite a few diets but never stuck with them cause i get discouraged when i hit plateaus.  I have done everything from Adkins, mayo and WW.  I had put on about 30 lb after i quit smoking and also after i tried my moms diet from her dr. Not sure what happened but i went the opposite way of what i was supposed to go immediately when i started hers. I know i am close to mid 40's now and going through some changes. I was able to lose that 30 when i had one day decided to order a fitbit zip and start tracking my food. I feel naked when i dont have my zip. Its on me 24/7. I really love it cause i have become more energetic with it. I dont really have an exercise plan besides walking.  When the weather warms up, i will get to the parks daily. I also get my steps in at work too. I do cleaning so i am always all over the place 🙂 Although the weight isnt coming off as it used to,  i think its cause my body has adapted to my night routine. I just started a new diet today from the book "the miracle metabolism" by Diane Kress. So day 1 is almost over and 2 more to go. You have to go through a withdrawal period of 3 days. Sound familiar to when we stopped smoking? So bear with me if i get cranky LOL. I will update you along the way. My journal, hmmm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
87 Replies

I know people that do that and my brain just can't wrap around not eating.  It does not matter how busy and I mean how busy I will eat food:):).  

Get back on it Shawn we are there for you!!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

I read some (Main Site) blogs expecting to see some Nashville comments but didn't see much. Did you have a good time? Possibly partaking of some fun reckless indulgences?

Hope you had a blast! 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

We didn't go yet, John. I leave friday! short week at work this week, yahooo! I am planning at this point to stick with it as best as i can. Eating wise at least. I might have a sugary drink lol

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Thanks Shawn, I was wondering what was going on. YAY short week! I'm glad hear you hope to maintain; otherwise you may open the flood gates... and then have to pay the piper when getting home. 

Relaxing, Enjoying oneself and Maintaining a healthy diete is totally doable and if anyone can do it, You Can!

Have a great day today!. 

PS, I checked out fitbits yesterday.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

After i made the comment about sticking with this, i had a change of mind last night. I am going to enjoy myself 2 of the 3 days. Just splurging not going overboard. I figured by the time that i try to decide what to eat and probably not much when you are on the run and at airports, its better for me to eat something than nothing. I did decide that i will restart the 8 weeks too when i get back. 

So you checked them out. Which one do you think that you would like?

Have a stupendous day 🙂

0 Kudos

Don't blame you Shawn and think you are doing the right thing.  Have fun and I think you will find after your tastebuds have changed you won't go too much overboard anyway:):).    Life is about fun so enjoy!!

0 Kudos

Don't blame you Shawn and think you are doing the right thing.  Have fun and I think you will find after your tastebuds have changed you won't go too much overboard anyway:):).    Life is about fun so enjoy!!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

HAVE A GRAND TIME this weekend Shawn with all the fellow EX'rs! To expand on what Bonnie said, Enjoy the fun.. it's part of a healthy DIETE. Just don't go Kray Kray!

Have a stupendus weekend... you deserve it!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Hi guys!! i didnt go kray kray. I ate carbs but i noticed my appetite is low. I am not finishing anything on my plate! thats a good thing hehe. I did have some sweets today but i am back on my 8 wk restart tomorrow.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Good for you! What's the 8 week restart? Have a great Monday!

0 Kudos