cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey to "Back to Healthy"

Well I'm 53 and I quit smoking on 12/28.  The next week I went out and bought a fitbit to get me moving more so I would keep control of the weight gain.  I am as of this morning 161.  When I started my quit back on 12/28 I was 155.  I am not looking for skinny I have no desire for that at all.  With my walking I have had some issues with my knees and hips and know if I can get down 10 pounds I will be able to move easier.  

I know you might think 10 pounds is easy peasy.  It's not for me.  I have always been able to control my eating at night.  It is just a habit to eat small at dinner and nothing else period.  I brush my teeth and even if I go to bed a little hungry that's OK.  

Even though this has controlled my weight to a certain point I eat a lot during the day and don't have much control over it.  I stress eat and geeze do I have a lot of stress at work.  I have started walking 3 times a day at work and two of the walks are small walks but they do help and distract me.

I really want to cut back slowly I would totally fail if I tried something like you are doing Donna.  I just don't have that much control with food.  Still Matcha tea free but once I get it I will happily report on how it is.  

PS:  did not do any cut back today on food but did get at 5:45PM 8,515 steps so did not get my 10,000.  Once it warms up I can do a little walking in the evening but too cold still.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
163 Replies
John10forteen

What does everyone think about changing the group’s name to 

1) Habitually Healthy

2) Healthy by Habit

3) .... other ideas....?

0 Kudos

Today we are having record highs and one of the things I love to do is walk down to the mailbox.  I like to take several trips  Our driveway is over a quarter of a mile long so the dogs go with me and to me it's pure joy.  I have at 4:41 11,275 steps today.  I was finally able to eat great.  They have what is called "superfood salad" at King Soopers deli section.  It is simply wonderful.  It has Kale, red onions, cashews, cranberries, some kind of a bean that is great, sunflower seads, blueberries and some other good things.  

Had that for lunch and actually made a big salad for both my husbnad and I to eat durring the week.  I put in a huge bowl and we can just get some when we get home from work.

Also bought small homemade corn tortillas and warmed up for lunch and had peanut butter on it.  

Remember everyone this is not a race it's a lifestyle!!!!

0 Kudos

I just saw this on facebook and had to share:

0 Kudos
elvan

Love it...PERFECT!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Bonnie, Thanks for your encouragement yesterday. It helped. I like what you said up above here, "It's not a race it's a lifestyle". That is so so correct. Thanks.

When I quit smoking, My backlog of officework was a huge obstacle. With such a harsh winter, NOW outdoor maintenance is the culprit. I've been working on the Van, then it's the Nova Then it's the Motorhome.

Without a rythym to my shopping and preperation for a healthier lifstyle, I'm not finding the time for that and alas... EASY SQUEEZY junk & processed food it is. Part of this journey is exactly that, Relearning Habits.

Thanks for the chat, Enjoy your wonderful salad, sounds awesome! 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Hey again, I added this, "It's not a race it's a lifestyle".to the groups mission statement because it really is the intended spirit of the group. Thanks 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

GROUP INFORMATION:

I FINISHED THE GROUP DISCLAIMER, PLEASE READ AND POST YOUR COMMENTS. I WILL KEEP THIS TOPIC OPEN FOR ABOUT 1 WEEK AND THEN I WILL CLOSE THE COMMENTS AFTER REVIEWING AND ADJUSTING THE DISCLAMER IF WARRENTED. THANK YOU ALL.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Smoke free and a bit lighter than yesterday.

MAKING HEALTHY A HABIT (Group Disclaimer) Click on link

0 Kudos

You did a great job John.  Crazy day and had to take my niece to the doctors after a full day of work so just got home and pooped.  Did good today but work is just insane and I just thank God I quit smoking when I did.  Actually did good on eating today.  

Signing out just pooped.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Thanks Bonnie. I'm glad you did good today. I agree with you completely about being so happy/appreciative about not smoking anymore. It is truly the GEM in our crowns.

I find it much easier to handle stressful / hectic days without smoking. Have a refreshed day today. Rested, Smokefree, and a bit lighter than yesterday!

0 Kudos

Did OK today.  Work is getting past a normal stress level so again glad I stopped smoking79 days ago.  Did partake in extra chocolate today but did pretty good eating healthy overall but with my stress so high I do not expect to lose anything from today.  People are starting to quit again due to it and of course that just gives added stress to those who are left.

Deep breathing and hoping to at least get to sleep OK tonight 3:00 comes really fast when you can't get to sleep.  

Have a good evening everyone.  

0 Kudos