cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

John's Living Room

Check out my progress here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/15:

My start weight for March = 260.4 lbs.

My long term (1 year) Goal = Maintain 200 - 210 lb wt average without smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
155 Replies
John10forteen

(3/18/15 - 258)  / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/16 &17: Sorta (Below average intake with veggies)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/16 & 17: Yes (Active chores)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Bonnie, suprisingly enough, it is.

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hi, John -- How are you, my friend?  I see that you're keeping up with your reporting and your cumulative weights.  I really aspire to lots of physical activity, but with this migraine yesterday and lingering into today I haven't moved much at all.  I missed a couple of beautiful days, I know, but when I have the migraines I have to be in the very quiet dark.  When I work at home, like I did today, I sit in my den that has no windows, with the contrast lowered on my monitor and wearing sunglasses.  It's a little better now, but I'm looking forward to having my old head back.  Still haven't eaten anything unhealthy! 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

(3/19/15 am - 258.2)  258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/18: No (Average intake but reckless with processed foods)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/18: Yes (All day ERRANDS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added TEA to my "Healthy Cupboard' This may not seem crucial but for me, it is for several reasons that I'd like to share.

My fathers old joke back in the day when the prominent tea was, "Salada" He would always say, "that's a lotta" tea. Get it? salada / s a lotta. Always said with some accent.. had to be there.Since childhood I've never been adverse to tea. Anything with enough sugar and milk is good to a kid.Times have changed. We now have access to hundreds of flavors / Herbs / Medicinal flowers / An amazing world of other things than caffine.

This is going to be too long of a story because there is a love of coffee to deal with. Look for my topic later this week titled (Tea'ing off the day with Coffee)

Anyway I bought 8 different kind of fine teas at the local (East Coast) discount store (Ocean State Job Lot). These will be my healthy choice alternatives to the 6-10 cups of coffee I drink a day.

This is one of my Forever Habit Changes. Today is day1 for this "one" uhQuit.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

GIVE SHAWN A BIG WELCOME! She wrote a great comment on the main page on Thursday 3/19. She does not have a "Living Room" yet (talk her into getting one) but posted some good ideas and links on the main page comments.

Hip Hip Hoorey For Shawns company!

0 Kudos

HI John,  I just saw your comment today on mine I did not know that I was on page 2.  I knew Donna was but not me.  Coffee SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing on earth to make me give up coffee.  I love tea but coffee?????

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Give me Kudo's I made it through DAY 1 of my cofQUIT YAY for me!

Hi Bonnie, I know what you mean. Me too. I just drink too much. WAAYY too much. It's not healthy. I think one or two cups is fine, even beneficial. But 6-10 cups is not healthy.

I'm allowing myself (I haven't decided yet) 2 or 3 ..... awwww CRAP ok, 2 CUPS only per day. I'm calling it my cofQUIT. I succeeded yesterday and I just finished my 1st cup today.

Donna had mentioned earlier that this healthy stuff was harder to acknowledge than the ciggQUIT. It dawned on me, Cigarettes are one item. Making Healthy Habits could consist of 100 items. SO, thats my new tact.

cofQUIT - 1 (9 more days before I hit the DDC) This is my first (uhQUIT / unhealthy habit QUIT) but it can be followed on my Daily Health Log.

I consider this a long term beneficial approach and not a fast weight loss agenda. But ALWAYS INCLUDING a light pressure toward maintaining or reducing my weight to my healthy number.

DAILY HEALTH RECORD

(3/20/15 am - 258.8)  258.2 / 258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/19: No (Fast Foods and exess popcorn)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/19: Yes (All day ERRANDS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    My uhQUITs Progress (# of days)

cofQUIT (1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
John10forteen

I'm having fun with this idea. To you Donna, How many days do you have with your snaQUIT?  "snackQUIT" (14, 21)??

An idea is blooming. We decide what we want to quit being exessive with and set our OWN plan. For me it's 2 cups of coffee a day. That's considered a quit.. it's my uhQUIT. and more specifically my cofQUIT.

Once a collection of  individual quits get mastered and they are done by habit (not willpower) aha moments may become our driving force.

0 Kudos

Sounds pretty good will have to check this out more this weekend.  

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Visiting you John and i must say that you make me hungry reading your page LOOOL My God you really do love food BUT you can make changes.Even if you start off small. 

@Ellen....i read about your daughter. Does she know of any breads that are 5 carbs or less? If anybody knows, plz let me know. I am on the hunt for this.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

DAILY HEALTH RECORD

(3/22/15 am - 257.8)  ???.? / 258.8 / 258.2 / 258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/20-21: No (Much, "very rich" restaurant foods)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/20-21: Yes (Two days out and about visiting)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    My uhQUITs Progress {# of points} { 3 }

cofQUIT (3) // uhwQUIT <258.5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone, How's everyone's non smoking doing? I'm not visiting the main site much anymore, simply put, time restraints. (I do miss everyone but at this moment this is more important) Our achievements as non smokers should never be forgotten. N.E.F. 

My quit is strong so I can afford to stray a bit and put my efforts towards other unhealty habits and that why I'm here a lot.

0 Kudos