cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

John's Living Room

Check out my progress here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/15:

My start weight for March = 260.4 lbs.

My long term (1 year) Goal = Maintain 200 - 210 lb wt average without smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
155 Replies
John10forteen

Thank you Ellen, Yea Chick Peas. It's very versatile  and healty which makes it a good staple for the forever healthy cupboard.

0 Kudos
elvan

I saw someone on TV in a cooking segment, give a sample of a dish to a TV host and she thought it was something over rice but the rice was actually grated cauliflower which he knew she would not try if she knew that.  She LOVED it...I love cauliflower and what a great substitute for rice, at least sometimes.  I like the idea of adding something incognito.

0 Kudos
djmurray

That was Whoopi Goldberg, I think -- I saw it too on the View when I was working at home with the tv on last week!

Now I know why I don't like Hummus, because I do not like chick peas.  I also don't like (so now that I'm a grownup won't eat) beans, with the exception of green beans which I can tolerate.  I wouldn't be a good vegetarian because beans are the man source of protein.  But I love fresh fruits and veggies.  In fact, I hate cooked peas, but like raw peas.  Go figure.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

(3/9/15 - 258.4) 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/8: No (A bit excessive intake)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/8: Yes (A lot of shoveling and ice breaking)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My official uhQuit date is 19 days away but I'm already having the same anxiety as I did when quitting smoking but now I know I have to stick to it if I want to feel and be healthy. I am becoming More and more aware of my current eating habits which is good.

This should be a little easier for me because I like everything so I have a world of options. I'm able to explore oodles of culinary adventures from a healthy perspective. We were raised poor and my Dad insisted we do not leave the table 'till our plate was clean. My Dad had a heavy hand and my siblings and I "gagged" down many a mouthfuls. I'm thankful now. (liver is my only nemisis)

0 Kudos

John sorry to hear that, my parents were the same way on my brothers who are 13 and 10 years older.  I have no dought you will be fine.  Of course I am not setting any strict guidelines yet but if I don't start going in the other direction then I will.  I did cut back some today and walked more.  But tomorrow I know I most likely (due to my schedule) will not be able to walk as much.  

I am refusing to go up a size in pants so if I have to wear the same 4 pants over and over so be it.  

We can do this and have a great evening.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

(3/10/15 - 258.8) 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/9: No (Indulgent & excessive intake)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/9: Yes (A lot of shoveling and ice breaking)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Bonnie, Times have surely changed, I think that was the norm of day back then and maybe not so good but not so bad either.

No strict guidelines for me yet either, unless I go over 260 consistently. For you it's the pants for me it's 260 same idea, and I think it's good what were doing And YES... We can do this.

The snow and ice is forcing me to exercise diligently and daily until I get my back lot cleared. I know it's the main reason my weight is not going up more than it is because I'm stll eating irresponsibly. Yesterday I only had a bowl of cereal until 3:00 pm but after that I indulged with 2 big bowls of my corned beef dinner (Another one off the list), then popcorn, then hawaii'n bread toast. I went too long and the Dam broke, I couldn't stop myself.

I only have 2 more things to eat before I start my uhQuit plan. Chili Rellano's and Double stuffed oreos topped with peanut butter LOLOL (thanks Bonnie)

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hi, John -- Any news?  I note that you haven't been in your own living room for a couple of days.  No pressure, just always interested in hearing what's up.  I posted a comment in my living room about the fact that I think I am going to ditch the Medifast plan.  That stuff is awful, and I've been doing it for 11 days.  I can do this without thost nasty shakes and don't even mention the food. 

I'll keep you posted.  But do come back here and let us know how you're doing.  I'm going to go read the mission statement now.

0 Kudos

Ok John I'm sure you know that you need to start your metabolism and keep it going during the day.  My husband was diagnosed with diabitis two years ago and we were able to get him completely back to normal on diet alone.  He was like you he would hardly eat all day then not stop eating at night.  

Have a great one!!

0 Kudos
elvan

That's me too...I hardly eat during the day because I swear it makes me want to take a nap.  I am trying really hard just to eat little meals/snacks and to think of them as fuel and not rewards.  I think it's helping.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Ellen, I also think it's important to eat throughout the day. I've heard and believe small snack size portions every 2 hours is a good approach. I really like what you said about eating for fuel and not for reward. I eat for reward or everything except for fuel, like a cigarette. I eat for comfort, reward, boredom, fun, adventure, social ..... I've heard that before but you turned a light bulb on. Thank you so much.

Healthy foods, NOT comfort foods (like cheese & crackers). COMFORT FOODS in the middle of the days always encourages me to cut logs........on the couch. Ha!

0 Kudos