cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

IMPORTANT NOTICE to the Movers and Shakers

Good Morning Movers and Shakers.  Today is a new day. I hope everyone is feeling great.  My body take a few minutes to get MOVING.  So I am having coffee right now and planning how I am going to MOVE. I have been invited to a state of the art gym at NASA.  So I am forgoing my morning EXercise and wait.  Anyway let’s get PUMPED up no matter what we are going to do.

The second order of business is to set the record straight.  I did not initiate this challenge.  I merely posted because there was no activity since it had been suggested by jdesco311   I haven’t seen them lately and it appears that I have been “unofficially” appointed to head this up mainly because I want to keep it going.   On that note….this is not a one wo/man show.  This is a group.  It is about all of us. 

The third order of business is to help eliminate confusion.  It has been suggested by Giulia to post the challenge in one place.  To keep it simple we will post the challenge in _https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... . This in no way limits the conversation when someone post about their move. If you would like to blog, comment, have a conversation, post pics whatever is going on in your MOVE feel free to engage in any shape form or fashion under the group Exercising and Health.   To also help,  if I start a conversation the link will also be in the post.Let's Get Moving Challenge .

I AM PUTTING THIS OUT HERE AGAIN.  If you have suggestions to make this better, please feel free to let me know.  If you want to remain confidential you can inbox me and I will open a discussion.  The idea is to keep this MOVING.  Agreed.  

There are four challenges each week to meet.  The challenges are at your own pace.  If you want to do more that is up to you.  Do the best you can at whatever you do.  The most important thing is to be safe. NOW LET’S GET MOVING!!!!.

CHALLENGE #1 WEEK 3..... 

Labels (1)
19 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It's just what I DO!  I think I was given my own AND somebody else's get-up-and-go gene!!!

Are you getting storms?

JACKIE1-25-15

No storms yet.  I just hung some laundry on the clothesline.  So I am keeping my eye out for the storms. BTW it was fun hanging out with you at the EX reunion got to do it again soon/

elvan

We got some really impressive storms, lots of lightning and thunder and torrential downpours.  I did my workout at the pool before the storms hit...I even danced after I had done the walking and weight lifting portion and the swimming (with the noodle), I was watching the storm clouds moving in as I kept going.  Tomorrow, I have therapy but I think I might try to get a short work out at my friend's pool first since I really enjoy that. Will see if I can tolerate the indoor pool tomorrow, that is going to decide if I can continue the aqua therapy with the heat and the chlorine.

I need to get some housework done, I am excessively tired today, didn't really get my day of rest yesterday and I can't keep going and going and going...Nancy stole my gene.

XOXO,

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
Sootie

Following both themes above (getting moving and storms) I had an interesting start to MOVING today. we had early morning thunderstorms (unusual). We left the screen door to the deck open last night because it was so hot and humid. Our "lovely, calm boxodor" who is a giant baby is scared of storms. He just reacts crazy. He jumped through the screen door! I was up like a shot and out and after him (after the screen door he was over the fence and out of the yard). Really HATE "Getting moving" that quickly!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for the humor. Image result for boxador running It is always good to keep MOVING no matter what the circumstances is are. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Well it has been a grand day for me. I waited to go to the gym.  Did not get there.  I hate it when my time is wasted.  Gosh 1:25 minutes waiting to go.  My moves were still met. Mowed the law.  My total steps for today were 10435.  

0 Kudos
Giulia

An hour and half of wasted time.  I heart you!  Moving, mowing, vacuuming, they are MOVING! activities.  Moving - in whatever way we can - lubricates our joints.  Lubricating our joints is what it's all about when we get to  a certain stage of our life's journey.  And we will ALL get to that stage. Whether we like it or not. 

So MOVING - is for some, simply getting up out of a chair one more time than they did yesterday.  It doesn't mean we all have to be super champions - it simply means getting up out of that chair. Today.  And tomorrow - doing it twice.  

Wish.  Try.  Educate.   Persevere.  DO!  

Diannnnn

Jackie,

Thanks for keeping us organized and motivated! 

Anxious to hear about the NASA gym! How cool!

Dian

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Did not get there.  Person stalled.  I got tired of them losing focus of where we were suppose to be going.  Ended up planning trip to Germany which I would not confirm.  If you cannot focus to get me to the gym.  How can you focus to get to Germany.  You know those retired Colonel.  Oh well I did my yard work at home and happy, happy, happy.