cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

History of archived / obsolete discussions

3/5/15 I'm attempting to clean up the group site by saving several trial and and early, comments, discussions and etc without deleting them all. I copied and pasted them here. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
John10forteen

Comments (ARCHIVED 3/30/15)

1 2 3 4 Next »  

Bonnie 12-28-2014    

9 badges

Hi Mark,  most of our discussions happen in what we call our living rooms.  If you go to the group discussions you can see what we are all about.  We all have our own journey and we would love to have you aboard.

Welcome!!!!

Bonnie 12-28-2014 2 days ago

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

These are blogs saved before turning off the blog feature.

John 10.16.14      

11 badges

There's DAY ONE !!! and then there's ONE DAY.....

John 10.16.14 24 days ago

Bonnie B. I quit on 02-08-15      

10 badges

Joining you !

Bonnie B. I quit on 02-08-15 25 days ago

John 10.16.14      

11 badges

One's Action Often Leads to Another s Success

John 10.16.14 3 days ago

Delete

Mark 01.26.2015    

7 badges

Hi John, Mark here i have found you and joined up!! Hello all

Mark 01.26.2015 3 days ago

Delete

Bonnie 12-28-2014    

9 badges

Hi Shawn and welcome to our group.  I know Donna actually quit that stuff and is just eating healthy now.  Of course she has a will of steal and can do anything.  I on the other hand love chocolate also and if you go to our seperate stories on the latest blogs you can see each of our journeys so far.  

I encourage you to start your own but I just don't remember how, I got the info from John. He is our official cheerleader.  

And you quit 2012 girl you can do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie 12-28-2014 10 days ago

Delete

Shawn❤Quit❤03-17-2012    

11 badges

Hi all! I was reading earlier your posts and know this is meant for me to join. I have struggled with weight the majority of my life. After i quit smoking, i gained 30 lbs. Thanks God i have taken that off in the past year and half but i just can't seem to get to that weight that i maintained before i quit smoking, although it still wasn't healthy. I do track my calories each day and weigh my food. I know midlife changes are in effect and these past few months, i cant lose more than a couple lbs to only regain it back. i am very discouraged by it. Of course this was one of the things in my 3 yr blog that i was referring to secretly. I always try to stay positive but i have that condemning voice at times that gets me down to feeling worthless. Its a little hard to type this. I am laying it out on the line and i am more of a private type of person. I was talking to my friend a little while ago and  he told me to do the 5 meal plan. He is going to get more info for me but his son and his fiane are doing it and have lost half of their body weight. He told me its a life style change. Exactly what i need! we need! i see that the meal plan is higher in protein. I am always a meat and potatoe and bread kind of girl but i think i can do this.Dj, i know u said you were doing medifast. As i was searching on spark people for that 5 meal plan to see if they had something, i found this article.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=do_packed_diet_foods_really_result_in_better_weight_lo...

Here is what i found on the 5 meal plan so far. i am waiting for my friend to give me links that his son uses but u can see the sample plans.

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/5_day_1500_calorie...

If we can quit smoking, surely we can do this. i do know this is harder but not impossible. have to keep trying!

Shawn❤Quit❤03-17-2012 11 days ago

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

3 STEPS LINK

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/5480-3-steps

John 10.16.14 20 days ago

Delete

marilynhotgram    

9 badges

I am probably the worst person to have joined this wonderful group. I am sitting here checking out the blogs and comments eating Chinese chicken balls and ribs,oops maybe I should have kept that to myself. I like all the wrong food especially chocolate. 

Marilyn 

PS I hope that nobody minded me sharing 

marilynhotgram 20 days ago

Delete

Diane    

10 badges

Hi everyone!!!

I'm the one who found myfitnesspal and really do like it.  It's all a matter of posting, logging, and maintaining.

Right now, my focus is remaining smoke free and tomorrow will be 50 days for me!!  Yaayyyy.

Hope you are all doing wonderfully and allow me to join your group.

Carpe Diem!

Diane 20 days ago

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

Yea, I wonder who that is. I crave to hear about your insight and progress. I've been reading your community blog and really like the way you are able to balance the conversation. Great job on both fronts Donna. Amazing actually.

John 10.16.14 26 days ago

Delete

Bonnie 12-28-2014    

9 badges

Actually Donna we have had a conversation going on in "9 members 9 Journeys".  I'm glad to see you are doing so great!!  I am getting better at cutting back and just doing things slowly.  Putting in the walking which just makes me happier,  Have a great smokefree day everyone have to get ready for work I get there by 6:00 and it's a 45 minute drive . 

Bonnie 12-28-2014 26 days ago

Delete

Comments

« Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »  

djmurray Quit Date 12-31-14    

8 badges

Well, I can certainly see who the "talker" in this group is!  I need for you all to tell me if I'm being overbearing in using this group to work through the diet issues and I won't write such long and detailed blogs. 

The good news is that I finally got to the store and got all kinds of things I can make for my one "lean and green" meal.   I bought a kitchen scale, which is really going to be helpful, because I'm a terrible judge of portion size. 

I really want to make this diet work, maintain my quit, start to walk and generally move more after I've got a few weeks of the diet under my (ever-shrinking I hope) belt.  Then I will be a fit non-smoking 66 year old.  Can life get better than that?   I don't think so, since I can't do anything about the age.

Thanks for llistening!

djmurray Quit Date 12-31-14 26 days ago

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

All righty then, you're doing it. Good stuff Donna. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear it did not cause craves. That's awesome.

John 10.16.14 27 days ago

Delete

djmurray Quit Date 12-31-14    

8 badges

Hello Fellow EXers who are also working on weight!  I didn't cheat on this diet today unless you count not eating enough cheating.  I tried to do the 5+1 but I had a crazy busy day at work, and I ended up only eating one of the 5 there (and I had a bar before I left this morning, so that got me up to 2 of the 5.  I was scheduled to volunteer at Fort Belvoir this evening so I left work at 3:45 and drove for 45 minutes to get there.  On the way I had another bar, so that took me up to 3 of the 5.  But the whole time I was at Ft. Belvoir I didn't have a spare minute, and so I've only had 3.  I have nothing here that would make a good +1 because I haven't gotten to the store yet to stock up on the things I need for that.  So, I'm going to have a shake and call it a day.  I am totally exhausted, and will probably be in bed earlier tonight than I have been in a long time, but I'm feeling very positive about this weight thing.  Not eating has not caused craves in any way.  Amazing and wonderful!

djmurray Quit Date 12-31-14 27 days ago

Delete

Bonnie 12-28-2014    

9 badges

Donna can't wait to see how it went today. I can see by the time we make comments I'm the early bird and your the night owl so I might have to see in the AM.  I think I did good today it's 5:15 and I have 8915 steps in today and I ate pretty good.  Junior I have never forgotten to eat.  Ever!!

Stil don't have Matcha tea but should have by the end of the week.  

Be happy and strong everyone we can do this we quit smoking we can do anything.

Above all else though protect your quit.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

ARCHIVED 4/9/15

I WANT TO CELEBRATE OUR AVATAR

I realized a different perspective about "weight". It is our first alarm bell / warning that our diet is wrong.

We all get to this stage of being overweight like that is normal or acceptable. and one day we decide we don't want it anymore... by then it's too late for an easy fix.

If we paid attention to it when it started ringing like hell, we wouldn,t be in this fiix. 

John 10.16.14 10 days ago

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

There's no editing on these comments so I hope you all can bear with the budding idea in such a chopped up clunky manner.

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

I was rushed this mornig so this might not make sense easily, but to understand what I'm trying to do, You probably have to read my comments dated 3/30/15

Go here John's Living Room and the two comments marked 3/30/15hopefully explains things better. 

Delete

John 10.16.14    

11 badges

I am DEEMING MYSELF to start the VERY FIRST "Parking Lot Discussion"

I have two topics I want to celebrate this week.

I WANT TO CELEBRATE THIS PARKING LOT IDEA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WANT TO CELEBRATE THIS PARKING LOT IDEA

I'm going to start off with this "Parking Lot Discussion" idea. When I sayCELEBRATE A TOPIC; what I mean is to shine a light on it, discuss it in detail, Pro's Con's, References, Suggestions, Comments.

I think every week (For those who want too) each member in turn can take the stage in the parking lot to celebrate the topic they want to. Of course they would be responsible for answering questions and maintaining the topic for the week.

I don't think this should be a substitute place for general living room talk. Of course new members will post here until they get a living room and that's fine.

Other guidelines will present themselves if this idea takes root. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you focus on Results, you will never Change

If you focus on Change, you will get Results

I really like this but don't have the time to talk now. 

What I think about the avatar saying (By the way SHAWN shared his saying with me and I loved it)

I think this is a big (HUGE) deal within the groups parameters. I am realizing HOW DIFFICULT it is to measure or gauge ones health progress without useing WEIGHT as the gauge. But losing the weight should actually be the last priority, but still a "priority".  How can we get folks to understand weight loss should be the RESULTS of healthier habits. Weight loss should not be the dictator of ones habits.

I wish I had more time because I feel strongly about this topic. tomorrow’s another day

0 Kudos

I get what you are saying but I don't think it's something that you can't preach since each person has to figure out what is important to them.  My goal is healthy and does that include an oreo once in a while.  Heck yes. 

0 Kudos