cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgy8513

Hanging out with Sharon

Thanks John for welcoming me and letting me know how to start.     

OK, I started a program called Nutrimost on the 1st of March.    It is intense for the first 3 stages, limited calories and using some of their supplements.    (also costly).      I'm done with the first 3 phases and will begin on Monday to add foods back to see what my body can tolerate.     In this 2nd phase there has been no sugar, no starch, no processed foods.   Didn't think I could do it, but I did.      Lost 25 lbs and 10.5 inches.     Feeling great and I notice my pain (fibromyalgia and arthritis) is much less...I've decreased pain meds.

Now I get to start adding foods while I keep within 2 lbs either way of my "set weight". Also many more calories.  I'm looking forward to some new veggies and fruits than I've had.

Yesterday was my first day with my Fitbit.    It not only tracks my steps (only 2847 on 1st day) and my sleep.      Today I add more steps.    Will increase each day until I get to my 10,000.

OK, I've rambled.     Thanks for listening.

This looks like this is the "EX site mentality with the healthy eating/exercise focus".   

I love it.

Sharon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies

I'm not sure about the posts I think John is better at that stuff.  Yum everything you mentioned sounds great.  I have a nutribullet and do smoothies all the time now.  I love it more and more.  

Have a great one!!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

I'm not really sure Sharon but we sould find out for sure. You are not the first person with this concern.

For "MY PAGE" (in my left column) I have "My Friends" activity being posted there. I will watch that area for the next few days to see what happens as we post as we post here in this group. 

I do know all the regular blogs get posted there fom anyone I have on my friends list, regardless of whom they are commenting to.

I tried to go to older posts (to see if some of our stuff was on there) but it kept freezing up on me and I was only able to go back 6 hours. Maybe we all can start keeping an eye on our friendss activity (if our page is set up for that) and see what happens.

Have a good day evweryone,  

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

OK, so the idea of Phase 4 is that you are stable with your weight so that body can adjust to its new "set weight".    If you gain more than 2 lbs over you have a steak day.....if you go under 2 lbs or more you add more healthy oils (avocado, ghee, coconut oil).       I have been eating so much and still not hitting my calories for the day.      Thought for sure I would have gained today but NO.....down 1.1 lbs.    So, don't have to be concerned yet but I have to work on getting up my calories.   Yesterday I was 420 calories too low.      Today starting out with 2 cups of bullet proof coffee so that is some healthy oils.     I'll have my smoothie in a bit.       Down total weight of 26.7 lbs.       NOW STAY STABLE WITH THAT!

Everyone,    have a great healthy eating day!

Sharon

0 Kudos
John10forteen

WOW you are doing so amazing. I admire anyone that sticks with a plan. The only plan I ever stick with is my own which usually leads me around my elbow to get to my thumb. LOL

You are the first person I've ever heard say, "Awww shucks, I'm down 1.1" . That's fantastic though, sticking with the plan. VERY interseting about the Steak vs the Oils. 

I'm learning so much from your journey.... so thanks for sharing and posting. Enjoy a big steak today along with a well deserved sense of accomplishment! GOOD FOR YOU!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Hello All!   Haven't been on here in a few days.    

Kind of a boring (yet interestingly, inspiring) place on my journey right now.

I will be on this phase for 3-4 weeks (1-2 weeks left).     I eat a ton of food (supposed to be 1944 calories a day, hard to do) and still remain at my set weight.     Body is getting used to this weight so that when I start back on phase 1-2 I should lose more.     

I don't understand it, just like I don't understand how my Fitbit can recognize my sleep, restlessness and waking.....don't get that technology.

But, this is working right now.

I cheated the other day.....had a handful of chocolate chips and a mint candy.    I didn't even enjoy them.......so thought "Enough"!

This is all a process!

Friends, enjoy the process!

Sharon

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Oh, I did pass on the pizza at work yesterday........YEAH!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I am on the boring stretch too til June 22. Yep i marked the calendar already lol.It is amazing how our technology is these days to be able to record all that. I was driving to work yesterday and was thinking about the technology. If you look back 20 years ago, who would of thought that we would be where we are at today. It's kind of scary in a way but cool Hmmm i lost my point and can't remember again LOL LACK OF COFFEE! Well anyway, glad that you were able to pass on that pizza. Thats not easy to do. Its one of my favorites. When they order it here, if i am desperate, i am wlll scrape on the toppings so that i can still have the taste of it.  You're doing great, have a great day!

0 Kudos

Pizza is one of my downfalls so passing it up is a pretty big deal.  Sometimes just maintaining is what we need.  Keep us posted since life has a way of getting us side tracked and keeping on track really is a big deal.

Have a great one Sharon!!

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hey, Sharon -- I heard an ad for Nutrimost on the radio today and didn't realize that was the program you are on.  I find it tempting to go for something like that, but I think my experience with Medifast proved that I need to just stick to healthy eating and go slow.  But I have to say a 20 pound loss in a month would really be awesome (I'm such a creature of this culture -- I want results and I want them NOW).  LOL.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

I'm glad I did NutriMost but the price is ridiculous...you do get lots of supplements and weekly check ins....daily texts.         Not sure if I will do a 2nd round though.   Think I will try it on my own (low calorie eating) without their supplements.....we'll see.    I go to see dr this Sat to get latest stats on Body Composition Analysis (BCA). Everyone here is doing great!

0 Kudos