cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
fishrmann

Starting Tuesday, 11/1 through March 1 2012...... lose 20lbs and complete a 20 mile run! 20/20 in 120 days (approx - lol)!! Anyone with me?

0 Kudos
Debi12

Hi - I am not so good about getting back here as I should.  Life has been kind of crazy the past few weeks and I have not had much time to post.  I am still walking and going to Curves which I joined back in mid September.  I have to admit, at first it seemed kind of hard...... then quickly got easier and now I am a little bored with it.  I am still going three times a week and think I will step it up and go for 4 times a  week.  I know it is good for me.  Besides walking a few times a week now.  It is the only exercise I am getting - better not give it up especially with winter coming. 

fishrmann - good for you on your recent half marathon!!  Wish I could run..... I would join your challenge.   

Marie congrats on being over a a month on your quit already!  So glad you are here. Good for you on your brisk walks,,,,it really does feel good!  I find after I work out or a good walk  I have so much energy!

Aztec, hwc, mellie and LDL (fellow NC girl)  thanks to all for checking in......and keeping me motivated. 

Take care all!

0 Kudos
aztec

Still walking 3 times a week for a couple miles, I've been doing alot of studying but still walking with my friend

gotta keep moving, I wish I was more ambitious to get into shape.

Love and light to you all

so glad you guys are around.

aztec

0 Kudos
fishrmann

Started the month off good yesterday. Ate VERY well, stayed within my caloric goals, and logged 5 miles on treadmill last night - plus some time on elliptical and a quick trip through a few weight machines. Foot held up fine, no pain.

Now, just to get through a long weekend next weekend driving 12hrs to be in hunting camp with the guys, followed by Thanksgiving! LOL.

0 Kudos
Debi12

Today I worked out for 45 minutes after work, I feel good!!  Gonna do it again tomorrow!!

0 Kudos
aztec

Great job Debi and fishrmann.

still walking and havent' gained any weight so thats good,

keep on movin crew.

Lots of love and light to you all!

Aztec

0 Kudos

Hi everyone! Aztec told me about this group (along with a bunch of other wonderful resources) when I first joined EX. I'm finally making my way to the group today. I'm glad I found my way here. Better late than never! Hahaha!

I'm a registered yoga teacher, but even for me it can be challenging to get moving every day. During my first serious quit, from May - September, I lost 11 lbs. instead of gaining weight. I surprised myself! I think a big part of it was because I told myself to drink a glass of water everytime I had a craving. Also, I only ate very, very small meals many times throughout the day. In the mornings I practiced yoga for an hour and in the evenings I would walk for an hour. After I quit, I began walking an hour every day instead of just 30 minutes a day as a way to work off nervous energy.

I quit again on November 1st. This is going to be my forever quit. The months are getting colder now, so it's hard to fight the temptation to stay inside. I'm just getting back to practicing yoga every day. I went through a period for a few weeks where I just wasn't motivated. Man, does it make me sore getting back into it! Haha! I'm walking 45 minutes about 4 times a week currently. I need to increase my walking to an hour every day again. Since September I've lost another 5 lbs. I hope I don't gain it all back!

0 Kudos
aztec

Welcome Candace,

We could use a yoga teacher in our midst. I am so glad to hear you are practicing again and walking.

Great advice on the water instead of eating as much.

I am so glad you found us and hope you come back, I have been keeping up with my walking 40 minutes 3 times week, I would love to say I'm motivated to do my yoga , eightlifting, quigong, but I haven't been for a while. But I am here to say that moving , even if just walking a couple miles 3 times a week is something and we can all do something. So I hope everyone is moving in some way ,

I would love to hear from you who are just passing by

Blessings & light AZtec

0 Kudos
aztec

The Holidays are here so that mean yummy food.!

I am back to my walking which is a good thing. didn't get to go for a week and gained 5 lbs.

I hop eeveryone has their exercise plan and can stick with it.

Ya Go!

Love and light

Aztec

0 Kudos
fishrmann

Happy Weekend!!

What does everyone have planned for Thanksgiving week? Food and Exercise?!?! Both!

0 Kudos