cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
hwc

At www.livestrong.com there's a feature called My Daily Plate that allows you to track your calories. It's kind of an annoying user interface, but it has a huge database, so you can enter, for example, Pepperidge Farm Jewish Rye Bread or Progresso Vegetable Classics Soup or Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa and get calorie counts.

I don't track my calories all the time, but I will track for a week or two every now and then to get an accurate read. It's also a good learning tool.

0 Kudos
Debi12

It finally feels like fall here in NC.  this morning I walked down my driveway and picked up the Sunday paper, walking back up the driveway I felt so great, like I could run up the driveway and not be out of breath or start coughing.  I remember this time last year,  I knew smoking was taking its toll - I knew I had to qui!!.  So thankful I did it.  Now going for a walk is fun and I look forward to it.  In fact when it is raining now I get a little sad.  At work we have a basement with carpeted steps and our employee break room and kitchen that includes a comfy sofa, cable TV and we even sometimes take little naps on our lunch hours.  I use to sit it my car and try to hide and smoke two or sometimes three this time last year.  Now I use the breakroom - walk in the conference room for about 25 minutes (large room) I have decided with the stairs I am going to start Monday using those steps for about 10 minutes each day  gotta be good for me.  Also I take about 15 minutes to eat lunch as well.  Once I get home from work and it starts getting dark - I know I will not be walking - I gotta figure out ways to keep moving.   Our office is small enough that our lunch hours are not shared with other people so walking in the conference room or climbing the stairs is not going to distract others.   I have also noticed that when I go back to work in the afternoon I feel so alert and more energy.  Hope everyone has a great Sunday. 

Day 320 for me ---- breathing and walking with so much energy,,,,, I love it and I am SO grateful I quit!! 

I know the biggest threat to my lunch hour plan is it will probably get boring!  I just gotta keep at it!

0 Kudos
kate8

Okay. I need support and help really bad. I'm almost 5'1, I weight about 149 and my BMI number is 39. I always weighted 100 to 110. This 150 has to go. I was walking. Over did it and my back is screwed. I have bad teeth, dentist appt. on Wensday, also ear infection wont go away. I have started binge eating evening just trying to make it and finish my day.
0 Kudos
kate8

I'm going to force myself to come here every day. Early. I need to figure how many calories I can eat in a day and how to count them. I heard if you don't burn the calories, then don't eat the calories. I Can't believe that my tooth ache is not stopping my eating. Just shows, If you want to, You will. I was suppose to lose 15 lbs. first. I still weigh 149. Atleast I haven't gained more. I wish I could afford a nutritionist and Had a Huge Dose of Can do it. I am 108 days smoke free. Thats alot. So tell me, anyone up on tough love to help me commit myself of another life changing event, or do I sound, Hopeless?
0 Kudos
kate8

I'm here. Ready to do what it takes. I'm going to Pledge to walk at least 20 minutes a day. Of course thats besides the many steps of a busy day!!
0 Kudos
aztec

Kate

108 days wow, You can do it, whatever you want to achieve, we have some smart people here that can help keep you encouraged, I 'm so glad you are here, I will be back in a few  days.

need some r and r, the medicine I'm taking gets my head swimming when I get warmed up exercising so I'm taking a break.Did the laps yesterday 1/2 miles and regretted it  the pharmacist said stay out of the sun, he wasn't kidding.so what do I do go hike in the sun. but it was the getting heated up part that botheredme. Thot I had a fish tank shook up in my head. weirdest thing.

I'll be back shortly.

Keep osting your progreess great job on dedicating to walk.

DEbi, wow 320 days Keep going strong you are almost at a year no turning back now.

Thanks for the well wishes from you all,

Hi HWC and Keep trying.

0 Kudos

Hey Aztec, hope you feel better soon!  I love you quotes and exercise inspiration, miss you on the Blogs!

I'm really starting to feel the effects of less daylight these past few weeks!  I'm missing my sunshine and the evening was when I did most of my walking.  I have to re-think my schedule because exercise really does make me a happier person:)

Thanks to all of you for sharing your tips and your routines. 

0 Kudos
aztec

Hi Bonnie,

I have one more pill left, they make me dizzy when I exert myself so I've been hangin out doing stuff around the house, short walks and missing exercise.

I'm tyring to figure out how to get some balance into my life.

I want yoga, weightlifting, mediation, and hiking or walking laps around the acre. I relly do need all of that,

I tseems like I have two hour blocks of time, computer 5;7, mom 7-9 or earlier shes hard to predict,  and at least two hours of exercise which I had planned at noon, . I really need to be in a better balance with ex,  I would spend 3 hours a day on here, and I have met some amazing people, but I have amazing family in my life that needs attention to. and my exercising.

I am so GRATEFUL for this group.

I just took a forced vacation with my infection, but I'm well now. I guess the universe just wanted me to stick the (blanK) down. so I did.

and I needed it.

I'll get back to exercising, thanks to you all.

I hop e everyone who belongs posts and the new comers arent' shy.

Jump right in  we'd love to meet you

Aztec

0 Kudos
aztec

Hi Everyone,

I did my strength training yesterday and I have this one more pill, so no sweating, thats really what I need to do is sweat.

I will try and get my yoga and meditation done today.

Hop eeveryone makes their goals.

Love Aztec

0 Kudos
al_26

how can
I get fit when all I want to do is eat horrible for you food? its worse since i quit also

0 Kudos