cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
kathy7

Wecome all Newbies!!! Melissa, Good Luck on your quit....remember to keep telling yourself that SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION!! Crashtest & Carol....it sounds like you 2 have great exercise programs going....I wish I had all your energy! My weight has pretty much stayed the same for the last month or so so I believe that as long as I continue to watch what I eat I will not gain any more (a total of about 20 pounds since my quit 6 months ago). The extra pounds have been very stubborn about coming off despite exercise and diet but I have faith that it will eventually happen. Good Luck to you all and have a wonderful SMOKE FREE DAY! Stay in Touch
0 Kudos
melissa2

On my 2nd day smoke free and it was alot easier doing my workout today! Almost seemed boring, or I was just distracted. I have all of the Hip Hop Abs series and have been using it regularly. I am saving all my money I don't spend on smokes for a new eliptical machine...now there is a goal!
0 Kudos
Carol6

OH NO, I quit smoking and now Im gaining weight! Im eating alot more than ever before. I cant go to the gym with my three yr. old. So Im stuck at home!
  Id better start a home exercise routine FAST! Summer times comming and so is my wedding date of May the 30th. Ive even thought of putting of the wedding for a year! Not just because it seems it will take some time to lose the weight, but for financial reasons. Oh well will see what happens. Hope everyone here is happy and well,
Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos
anna12

0 Kudos
crashtest

Yo Melissa! On the yoga challenge deal, I think I had 28 classes (needed 25). I picked up the bag today, the guy shirts won't be there until Monday, but the women got theirs, really pretty sort of a peach color with a huge OM on it. The bag was a nice sort of lunch sack thing from lululemon with black and white photos of people doing cool yoga and other stuff with a goal-setting motif (lululemon athletica is an upscale yoga and other clothing and gear company out of Canada) and there was some energy bar in it, a few of the Chakra teas, a card for a sandwich at WhichWich, a couple of buy one get one free coupons from Jamba Juice, a black headband (that I gave to my yoga teacher / scooter buddy), and some info to a goalsetting thing from lululemon. Here's the link to that goal setting thing:

http://www.lululemon.com/culture/goalsetting

I haven't checked that out yet, but it may be really good. Oh, Kim said the mens shirts would be equally as cool as the womens. Anywho, there was a definite change in my body, abilities and appearance.
0 Kudos
angeleyes

ok i no i have not been here and i wanna tell everyone who has stuck by this site thank you! you all are doing very good at keeping each other going ! love all of you keep up the good work
0 Kudos
grace3

Glad to see you angeleyes....have checked a couple of times but it has been quite here. I'm still working on trying to get in shape...but can't keep my fingers out of the cookie jar..
0 Kudos
ctm

Hi Linda. My only feedback would be that if you have an injury, you need to get it checked out before straining it by exercising. Ask your physical therapist for suggestions.
0 Kudos
angeleyes

grace stay out the cookie jar ! WE have to both do that ! Linda Why dont you try water aerobics ! that might help ! good luck everyone !
0 Kudos
grace3

I have been good the last couple of days. Trying everyday to work out on the Wi. Up to 45 to 60 minutes a day. Those nasty 10 pounds don't want to budge,
0 Kudos