cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about special events for community members to come together, learn, and socialize

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Beginnings: How Quitting Redefines You

group_4276_2x.pngJoin our webinar led by Mayo Clinic experts Dr. Jon Ebbert and Timothy Milbrandt to explore how quitting smoking or vaping impacts your self-identity. Todd, from the EX Community Admin Team, will share how the community can be a haven for your tobacco-free journey. Don't miss the interactive Q&A and insights into themes like quitting and race, gender, and more. Need Zoom help? We've got you covered.

Read the full post here:My New Beginnings: How Quitting Tobacco Redefines You 

Register for the event by clicking the button below:

CTA Reserve My Spot!.png

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (1)
7 Replies
almihsqd

I registered for this webinar a while ago.  I have since had a meeting placed on my calendar that conflicts.  Will this session be recorded?  If so, how can we access it?  I am new in my quit journey and was so looking forward to this information.  I'm still praying for a meeting cancelation 🙂  

Thank you

Amysladek

I am hoping for a recording too if we aren't able to attend after registration.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amysladek @almihsqd and others, it took us a bit to edit the video but here is a playback of the session! 

EX Community Admin Team
almihsqd

Thank you so much. I am looking forward to viewing it. Happy Holidays to you

SuzyQ411

Thank you!! Glad I'll have the chance now to view this!

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Smoking is a dichotomy on all levels, I am thinking as I listen to this 4-way conversation on the active smoker and their perception of their lifestyle before and after. I am enjoying this interchange of ideas Todd and Meghan @CommunityAdmin and Dr. Ebert and Counselor Milbrandt. I look forward to attending more of these podcasts in the future! ( I am eighteen months fully clean of nicotine after 60 years plus of chain smoking so I am still a work in progress!) I am so thankful for the support I have been reciving via the Become An Ex community! @almihsqd  aand @Amysladek -- hope you find time to watch this presentation!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@CommunityAdmin Interesting discussion. Glad I listened.  I'm always interested in  the physical and psychological aspects of nicotine addiction.  Unfortunately, how many new quitters are receiving this information.  We have "new" quitters here everyday. And that's it.  Never heard from again.

I question the comment that smokers aren't as active.    Many quitters here were very active when they smoked- joggers, swimmers, etc.    My activity is  at the same level - daily exercise and daily routine activities.

Less people smoke now then before.  Since I retired, there was not in a group of smokers that I had to avoid. I didn't spend all my time with smokers because they didn't exist.  Didn't really bother me that I went off and smoked by myself.  I was never ashamed or embarrassed that I smoked.

Do agree with how supportive the site is and how helping others helps to maintain our own quits.

There are as many quits here as there are quitters.

Barb

0 Kudos