cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda_M

Results from Sitewide Poll for EX 8 Location!

Hello, all! 

The results for the poll are in, and Virginia Beach has won with 17 out of 35 votes!!!

Nashville came in second with 14, New Orleans with 2 and Cleveland with 1. Next, we will be determining when we'd like to do the meetup. Virginia Beach's prices tend to go up between Memorial Day and Labor Day, so we've been sticking with mid-May for it, though I reckon we can be open to other times.

EX 5 coincided with a terrific concert weekend called "Beach Music Cruise-In," where they have BANDS ON THE BEACH and an antique car show. So cool! In 2020, that will be Friday, May 8 through Sunday, May 10. EX 7 we booked a little too late to do that weekend, but we also had a great time, so it was still amazing!

I made this a "Conversation" so we can "converse." Please discuss below your thoughts regarding weekends and timing. We'll update you guys regarding date selection.

Take care,

Brenda

47 Replies
Strudel

Oops - Just looked at Beach Music one and it looks like they do charge for the music (don’t think they did last time??) But, it does appear cheaper.....

0 Kudos
Brenda_M

I don't think they did at EX 5, either, but couldn't we see and hear it from our hotel rooms, anyway? I mean, the 3-day passes were only $15 this year, so it's a good value, anyway, but even if one doesn't want to purchase a pass, I think it's still a good weekend to go. 

YoungAtHeart

I agree.  I am sure you could hear it from the balconies if we stayed in the same hotel.........

Rick_M

The music weekend for EX5  was perfect, let us plan for that weekend

again.... 

JACKIE1-25-15

Beach Music Cruise In  here is a link that I found that has a little insight. 

Giulia

So, wait a minute, you can't just walk up and down the beach from your hotel room and hear it from there?  They BLOCK OFF the beach?  I can see blocking off the boardwalk, but not the beach itself.   What's the name of the hotel that we stayed in down there last year (can't remember)?  I'll call them and ask.

YoungAtHeart

Remember  the bandstand was parallel to the boardwalk, had chairs set up in the sand?  I'm guessing the ticket will allow you to sit in the chairs and get the best sound from the amplified speakers aimed that way.  The hotel was : Best Western Plus 757-531-7681 (direct) 2809 Atlantic Ave.

Strudel

They had part of beach near bandstand roped off - but, you could still walk up and down beach as I recall. It was very chilly that weekend - so, we weren’t on the beach as much. Music area was closer to boardwalk....so, beach is still accessible. There wan’t a charge for it - but, as Brenda said, $15 for 3 days isn’t bad. We are checking with hotel about availability and rates for a few weekends, including that one. Last year it was already book up - but we didn’t check until January. This year - Brenda_M‌ and JACKIE1-25-15‌ are on the case and hopefully it will be available! 

0 Kudos
Michwoman

The Best Western Giulia!

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Once we have prices I'll seriously consider going this year (it would be my first!), and I'd love to have a roommate. As long as it isn't hurricane season, doesn't matter to me when