cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michwoman

A Very Sad Day

It is a very heavy heart that I tell you all that our dear friend Sharon - AKA Smorgy has passed away. She went home to God on Tuesday, May 21st. Rest in Peace my Roller Coaster, Cruisin' Buddy! I will miss you so much! Sharon.jpg

Tags (1)
36 Replies

It is indeed a very sad day.  She will be missed.

Jennifer-Quit

I met Sharon on the 2018 cruise.  May she RIP.

0 Kudos
indingrl

MY deepest sympathies to ALL of US here- thank you for sharing Michwoman - I know from reading Sharon's blogs and I believe Sharon was a good teacher for ME by passing on unconditional love to ALL who read her blogs - her similarities - gave ME courage- to HOPE - in LIVING in the moment and to be gratiful in thanksgiving to God for HIS grace upon grace - most of ALL for the HOPE she gave ME and most of ALL you Smorgy herself - I will see YOU again Sharon MY beloved sister in MY Lord Jesus name amen.

Magstoyou

It is a Sad Day. Sharon and I were two weeks apart in our quit date. We would be 6 years in July. I felt we walked hand in hand on our quit smoking journey. She was such a great support for our site for myself and all of the people on our site. We kept pushing each other forward!! I will miss her dearly. She was family!! RIP Smorgy (always wondered why she picked Smorgy). 

Christine13

Oh so sad.  Sharon always kept such a positive attitude in spite of her battle.  Her loving words were beautiful.

May she rest in peace.

Giulia

I'm shocked.  We just spoke of her at the reunion and she was holding her own, you said.  Especially poignant now is the image of you explaining why you were wearing the cat ears (in honor of her.)  Now they will be even more special.  I hope she got to hear of the reunion and maybe see a picture or two.  We were partners in the Elder's List back in 2014..  We would notify each other and make sure if someone new hit their one year mark they wouldn't be missed.  She set her list up on the old platform chronologically and did it beautifully in an excel spreadsheet.  Nice neat columns.  Mine looked like a mess..  We spent a lot of time talking about the best way to do things, what parameters to set, how to go about it, etc.  We also (along with Youngatheart and Shawn and Storm) initiated a Newbie Patrol.  Each person took a different day of the week and went to the various inactive groups to make sure the new comers posting there weren't lost, but brought over to the blogs.  (Short lived attempt, was an idea that didn't work ultimately.)  She also was a conductress on the Freedom Train.  She participated and offered so much support here.  I'm sorry I never got to meet her in the flesh.  A lovely soul.  Heaven is the richer.

This was part of one of her posts on Caring Bridge:  "When I start to get scared I remember the word God gave me...Believe.  I believe God has put me in a place to work in the area I have a passion to work, I believe that the chemo is part of this chapter for me and I BELIEVE that none of this is happening without God's direction.
Love to all!"

Bon voyage Sharon.  You fought the good fight!

Barb102

I’m so sorry for the loss to her family and to all her friends. I did not know her but I feel like I did from blogs and the wonderful pictures. Thinking of the ears made me cry. I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet her. The world is a better place because she was in it.. I feel like Brenda I’m angry and hating the tobacco companies for what they are allowed to do.

Money for lung cancer is the least donated amount to cancer. I too will donate in her memory.

Giulia

Just wanted to add a link to her page so anyone can read all her blogs:  SMORGY8513

Michwoman

Thank you Giulia!

0 Kudos
djmurray

I am so sad -- Sharon was such a beautiful soul and so very important to this community.  I've followed her journey on Facebook as well, and I wish I had gone on the cruise last year so I could have met her in person.  We will not forget Sharon -- she will always be a pillar of EX.