cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terry12

terry12's Status Update on 01/06/2009

Edith2
Hi, Edith. I temporarily lost my internet access but it'a back now. Thank you again very much for your help.

This is a brief update to some friends. I just joined Become an Ex two weeks ago. In that time I have found a great deal of help and support. I had done preliminary work in the program and had set my quit date for January 7, 2009.

But five days ago, my mind started questioning about why I should wait until then. Thoughts of not taking another puff, not even one, came stronger and stronger. It’s true that one is too many and 1,000 not enough. I’m feeling that truth more deeply, not merely as an intellectual state. That conviction, by the grace of God, helped me quit four days ago. I have quit without a single puff for more than the 72 hours needed to get the nicotine out of my system! Hurray!

At this point, I have been free for 100 hours. It is not a lot of clock time yet. But in terms of the timeless present, it has given me an eternity. Yes, of course I have been having cravings. I am having a craving as I write this. But dealing with them in the present, with all the help and suggestions and ideas that have truly lodged in my psyche, is working. I am dealing with them more peacefully. They are seeming less like mountains and more like molehills.

With your continued help and support and that of the many other members of the Become an Ex community, I’m sure I can do it this time, and keep on doing it one day at a time.

Thank you from my heart, dear person!
0 Kudos
0 Replies