cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tammycorbit

tammycorbit's Status Update on 08/10/2018

Why do I feel like I am giving a part of myself up by quitting? I know that sounds stupid but I have smoked since I was 12 and I am now 54. I truly want to quit for my health and my family. I am very anxious and I am 1 week away from my quit date. 
18 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Because quitting has been a part of your life for a long time.  We have been brainwashed that we have to smoke and we don't.  Once you relearn, rethink your behavior you will be fine.  Read Allen Carr's Book Easy Way to quit smoking.  It is not easy but easier.  Stay close here and read learn and prepare. Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/my-quit-plan.php and get started if you haven't already. 
tammycorbit

Thank you so much for your response to my post. I never thought there would be so many different emotions when I decided to quit. 
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community please read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom so when next week arrives you can look yourself in the mirror at the end of your day ONE and smile and say YAY for Day WON with many more to come you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and know that we're all going to be here for you so stay close and please do the reading....
JACKIE1-25-15

If you would selection discussion,conversations or  blogs when you post it would be read more often  Status updates is not s very long.  Welcome to EX
tammycorbit

I am so glad for this site .To be able to have such great support. 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

tammycorbit  How are you doing?  
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
tammycorbit

I fail and now have to aet a new quit date. My husband went into congested

heart failure

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that.  Please stay close to the site and stay active.  
EX Community Admin Team
tammycorbit

Thank you and i definitely will. I appreciate you reach out to me

0 Kudos