cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephen3

stephen3's Status Update on 04/11/2009

Libby
Hey Libby, It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot of stress. I know how that feels. How are you doing? If I can help you in anyway Let me know. I am going through a tough time myself right now and have been for a couple of months. I wish I had magic for you but I don't. I am getting through all of it just simply knowing that a cigarette will lead to a bunch of cigarettes which puts me back down in a state where nothing has actually changed, I have a false sense of peace but, feeling like I've failed myself again. Giving control to something else. But I know how loud the "junkie" inside can be. Be strong or at least try. I have a good friend who swears by chantix, it did nothing for me. I tried the patch and it really did nothing for me either. I had to go cold turkey because it wasn't so much about the nicotine. hell week was rough. but once I got over the drug part, I had to deal with the dependency on the physical and emotional side of it. That is what I am dealing with in this stressful time. Not having the escape that I created with smoking. I know that it's all a lie,that I created so I am just dealing with my crappy reality right now like i did in the beginning of my quit. It's growth - sometimes growth has to hurt or be hard. I hope that some of this helps you. I am sorry for your loss and I hope that you can enjoy a good holiday weekend.
0 Kudos
0 Replies