cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sally3

sally3's Status Update on 02/09/2009

Tami6

Hi Tami, I know where you are coming from. I really did not want to quit smoking. I enjoyed it to much and I was afraid. But I decided I needed to do it for my health and because it really is not socially acceptable. At first I felt like I was losing my best buddies, of course you would, look how long you've been smoking them. I was sad the first week. Like I really lost something. Well the 2nd week I realized I did lose something, my enemies (smokes) and I gained my freedom! I get so much more done now that I don't have to stop for that smoke. I've been on Chantix since Jan. 2nd. I'm 33 days smoke free and feel wonderful. Follow the directions. Eat a meal before you take the Chantix and you won't get an upset stomach. Yes, the first couple of weeks your sleep may be interrupted but I believe this is a combination of nicotine getting out of your system and Chantix. Take a Tylenol or Excedrin PM at bedtime. I'm still on Chantix and I could not do it without it. Yes me, I did it. I suggest before you quit read all the material you can get your hands on. This site is wonderful and very supportive. The group Candid Quitters has allot of educational material that I think would benefit you. Read all of this - set your quit date and this just go for it...........DO IT. YOU CAN DO THIS!
0 Kudos
0 Replies