cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcnew78

rmcnew78's Status Update on 07/01/2018

July 2nd 2018 i turn 40 and thats the day the fight with quitting smoking begins again.
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Happy early birthday! Don’t think of it as a fight. Be positive!
rmcnew78

Thanks. I know i will quit this time because i am more prepared that before. 
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Fighting gets old very fast - read and educate yourself about this addiction.  Work on developing a "willing and winning" attitude.  Willing to go thru some discomfort to become a winner!  Positive thoughts will take you far!  Happy Birthday!
rmcnew78

Thank you jennifer. It will be tough im sure but i have learned a few things from the past attempts at quiting and this time i've already had a few positive messages and only been a member for a couple hours. 
0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX...it really is not a fight, it is a journey...just like getting older.  There's no way to win either of those fights.  I quit so many times in the past that I lost track...this time has been over four years and reading everything I was advised to read here, along with blogging, and listening to the advice of these amazing people made this journey MUCH easier.  Notice I did NOT say EASY.  I worked at it every day. I came here every morning and every evening and I paid very close attention to the advise that was offered.

​You can do this.
​Ellen
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit.  What a wonderful birthday gift to yourself.  Reach out if you need help.
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community please read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom, you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and start Day ONE tomorrow then in the evening you can look yourself in the mirror and smile and say yay for Day WON with many more to come that sounds like a birthday present to yourself which is the gift of LIFE.
0 Kudos
elvan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
0 Kudos