cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ralphaguilar16's Status Update on 12/19/2017

Happy holidays everyone i am taking things a day at a time and feeling positive about the new year 2018 and about my quit on 1/1/18☺
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Merry Christmas to you, Ralph! You are giving you and your loved ones the Best Christmas present ever! Don't forget that we are here for you!
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Positive is good. Keep working that. 🙂
0 Kudos

Thank you for the positive feedback@Thomas and Mary your words really means

alot especially when a person quit date is just around the corner it is

exciting and scary at the same time but i am very happy to finely learn a

new way of life with out cigarettes☺

On Dec 19, 2017 1:15 PM, "maryfreecig" <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

elvan

ralphaguilar16  Do take advantage of the time between now and your quit date to read about nicotine addiction and to prepare yourself for a life that is free from nicotine.  We have ALL been where you are and we were all scared and excited at the same time.  Go to the sign in page and click on "My Quit Plan"...it will help you to track your cigarettes and figure out what your triggers are.  Once you have done that, you can plan to do something OTHER than smoking when you experience a trigger.    Triggers don't go away, they DO get weaker and weaker and eventually, they become memories.  You can make NEW memories.  Plan to drink lots of cold water, I ate sour candies to change my focus...they worked pretty well except that my poor mouth felt like it was constantly sore from the candies.  It really IS the beginning of a new life for you and it is such a good choice that you are making.  

​Welcome to EX,
​Ellen
0 Kudos