cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauline

pauline's Status Update on 10/09/2008

Sylvie
Sylvie,
I am going to give this a try, and see what happens. I smoked for 34 years and I am very serious about quitting. My friend that I spoke about that said I am a bitch for not letting her smoke in my car, well, she and I have been best friends for 35 years, and she is my biggest inspreration for me quitting. She is very VERY ill. She in end stage renal failure and on dialysis 3 days a week, has had quad bypass surgery on her heart, she has COPD and asthma. She has a nebulizer machine next to her bed so when she wakes up in the middle of the night and can't breathe she can take that medicine from that breathing machine thing, then she lights a cig after she is done.
Also my next door neighbor was diagnosed with lung cancer about 3 months ago and I see him fading away - There is nothing I can do for either one of them, but I do know how to save myself, and you do too.
I won't walk away from my friend, trust me, I had a talk with her and told her how hard this is for me to do, and it hurts to hear crap like that from her and I told her when and if she decides to try to quit that I will not ever do that to her, and she has not been like that with me any more.
Thank you for your support, it means so much to me!!
0 Kudos
0 Replies