cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauline

pauline's Status Update on 10/05/2008

David-Hibling
Hi David, Thank you for your kind words, it means so much to me!
I understand what you mean to act as normal as possible around my friend, which I think I am, I hope so at least. I took her out for breakfast a couple of days ago for her birthday, and each time we stopped and parked the car at each place, I stood outside with her while she smoked, and she tried to hurry through her smoke and I told her not to hurry, that it does not bother me to stand outside with her, I just have to move so the smoke is not blowing in my face. Ya see, I have never smoked in my home since the day we bought it over 15 years ago, I always smoked outside-but I used to smoke in my car and after I quit for a couple of weeks I would let my friend smoke in it until I took 3 and a half hours cleaning it out.
I have made up my mind a while ago that I would not talk about quitting smoking with her unless she brought it up. I also told her the last time that she brought it up that when she decides to quit that I will be there for her, I have already took the plunge and I can be her net - just the same as with your partner, when he is ready you can be his net too. It is like losing part of ya and trying to burry it.
I wish you all the luck in the world, and when and if your partner quits he will be so thankful to have you to help him through those first scary days.
Did you have medicine or anything to help you?
Congratulations and I am proud of your accomplishment too!
Hugs & Kisses from Michigan
0 Kudos
0 Replies