cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mizzgemini

mizzgemini's Status Update on 03/08/2018

Hi everyone! My quit date was March1st, but I stoped smoking on February 26th. I have been doing well. Now that I'm not smoking I'm eating more. I'm craving sweets which I never really cared for. Any suggestion for me?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Well congratulations to you!  Maybe try snacking on fruits and veggies.  Also sugar free mints might be a good option.  
Roller831

Hi and congratulations on your quit!  You may want to check out https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/ .  In my early days of quitting, I munch on carrots and celery, chewed gum, had mints, and sucked through a straw.  I also allowed myself 3 months to get acclimated to not smoking before I addressed the dietary stuff.
mizzgemini

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've been sucking on candy and trying to keep busy. I like the 101 things to do instead of smoking. There are good suggestion. Once again Thank You
0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX, I sucked on Sour Patch Kids because they were so sour that they distracted me, unfortunately, they are full of sugar.  One thing that helped with my sweet tooth but wasn't horrible was frozen cherries or blueberries.  I would keep a little bowl of them next to me along with a spoon because they stain fingers.  
0 Kudos