cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marty5

marty5's Status Update on 08/13/2008

Charon2
Yes, most of The Platters are no longer with us. I worked in Branson, Mo., with the only group that could call themselves The Platters legally, as they actually own the name. They were in Vegas for several years before coming to Branson about 10 years ago. They have the endorsement of one of the only living survivors of the original group. They're really quite good. It's been a fun gig, however, ready to move on. I also write and my wife is a very talented singer. A very successful songwriter in Nashville, Mark Nesler, (written #1songs for George Strait, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, and Daryl Worley, just to name a few) is a good friend of mine who I use to perform with when he was pursuing an artist deal, has some material we are going to be cutting for my wife. She use to open shows for Lorrie Morgan and is very close to a deal of her own. But yes, i've known many who should've had career's in the music business,but they were just too afraid to commit or wasn't able to for other reasons. I've been very blessed in this business.I'm very thankful. Very cool to hear of your gig, and you being a player in a symphony. Also, how rewarding, (and stressful at the same time), it must be to work with the disabled. I commend you for what you do regarding that part of your life. You should be proud of yourself......and you should also be proud to call yourself an EX!!
0 Kudos
0 Replies