cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
margee

margee's Status Update on 01/10/2012

Margee
Hi! I started to smoke when I was 12 years old. By the time I was 14, mom let me smoke in the house because it wasn't 'lady like' to smoke out in the streets. Poor mom, she didn't mean any harm - there were no big health scares back then. I was a huge chain smoker by the time I was 16. I worked, so I could afford them. I am 57 now and can smoke up to 2 packs a day. I cannot imagine my life without my cigarettes, but how I long to become an ex-smoker. I am such a 'hard-core' smoker that I once told my doctor that I would rather die, than live on earth without my cigarettes! Now I have had pneumonia for 2 weeks and life has been unbearable. I can't breathe. Today I went to the hospital for a lung and chest x-ray. The doctor is positive I have COPD. I now have 'puffers' and steroids to help me though. I haven't had any sleep in 10 days because when I lay down, I choke. Now I am really scared. Now I need to get a plan of action going. I need help to do this. I am desparete to become a non smoker, but I don't have much hope for myself. I couldn't sleep again tonight,so I thought I would sit here and smoke and register for this group. I am soooo frutrated and frightened. I would love and be so proud to be a non-smoker. Just never thought I would be this serious to have a look at how some of you are doing it. Please be patient with me, I have been smoking for 45 years. I have only once, made an attempt to quit. Lasted one day. I was a 'wreak'!' I would be soooooo proud to be non-smoker. Would you mind if I have a look around to see how you folks are doing it? Thank you for any welcomes. Sincerely, Margee
0 Kudos
0 Replies