cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomas3.20.2010's Status Update on 06/22/2017

The time has come. I am leaving geriatrics after 7 Years of service. I will be joining Comcast on July 17. Many things are changing - all for the good! Change is always hard but it often leads to growth and self awareness. I will continue to be intermittent here until some dust  settles but I'll be around as time allows.
15 Replies
Giulia

Congrats on your new job, Thomas!  They'd better treat you right or we're all gonna get on a bus and come bite them!  

I will be working for a New Call Center that just opened up in my City in January! Lots of room for growth! They provide 8 weeks of training so I have no delusions that this will be easy! But I won't be killing my body - especially my lungs!
Giulia

You may end up killing a few customers though!  lol  May God grant you patience.

Anybody who doesn't have tons of patience would struggle tremendously dealing with dementia - just saying! Yes, I have patience! The stories I could tell you if it weren't for HIPPA! If somebody did write it down nobody would believe it!
elvan

Thomas3.20.2010 I think I could add some stories to yours Thomas...I worked as a Director of Nurses in a nursing home for a brief period in my life.  I needed the chaos of the ER and ICU though...somehow, I fed on that.  You are going to be AMAZING at your new job.
Bree19

Thomas3.20.2010
​Hi Thomas.  I take my hat off to you.  

​I was my mom's full-time caregiver while holding down a  job and looking after my family.  From diagnosis to the end was 7 years.  The challenges are too many to list.  The amount of patience and kindness and inner strength needed can't be measured.  Dementia (Alzheimer's) nearly cost me my marriage and my job, but it thankfully didn't in the end.  

​As grim as those 7 years were, I am forever grateful that I could look after my mom and catch the clear moments in between (heavenly).
​But I could never do it as a daily job working with strangers.  You are a very special person my friend.

​Loads of success to you in your new position! xxxx  Bree
0 Kudos