cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry75

Terry75's Status Update on 07/13/2020

I overcame the weekend, but Monday is the real obstacle for me today. I have a plan in place to replace my usual after work cocktails and cigs so let’s see how it goes. I intend on keeping my promise to y’all for today only. 

​Terry
​5 DOF 
9 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on day 5.   Having a plan in place makes all the difference.
​Barb
sweetplt

Congratulations Terry...usually the first weekend is the hardest and you did it...Nico getting weaker and Terry getting stronger.  Good you have a plan for after work....taking a walk in the evening can help too...Gotcha in my thoughts to have a good day...one step at a time...Colleen 588 DOF 
MarilynH

With commitment and perseverance you will be successful in another Day WON it's definetly not easy but you've got this quit firmly in your grasp plus having a plan in place will make it easier Terry plus we're all here rooting for you.....
YoungAtHeart

GREAT idea to forego the cocktails.  What is your plan instead?  Maybe go for a walk?  You know you could probably buy a home exercise machine with the $$$ you will be saving by not smoking?  Or join a gym when they reopen.
​Changing up your routines and staying busy are two of the best things you can do to be successful at this  Good that you are working to do that.
​Get through today the best you can, then repeat again tomorrow!
​Keep going!
​:)
maryfreecig

Just for today works just fine. Yes you can do this even while feeling weird and uncertain. And if the day should get too long, then, as Oldbones likes to say, one step, then the next.
Bonnie

You have the right idea to replace your FORMER habit/ritual with a new one.  Just for today is just right. Is this day three?  In my experience (and I've had many, sorry to say) it was the hardest quit day for me.  But  I know you do it -- if I did it, anyone can 🙂  Have a wonderful, smokefree day!
Terry75

Bonnie, it’s day 5. I was already two days in on Sat. Instead of cocktails after work I’m going for a brisk three mile walk at the track then home to do yoga for the first time. Yikes!! That should carry me to bedtime and beyond
Bonnie

Wow, I'm impressed!  You're gonna be so buff and healthy and spiritual you won't recognize yourself in the mirror, lol!  Carry on!

elvan

You sound GREAT!
0 Kudos