Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tangerine11

Tangerine11's Status Update on 02/24/2020

Hi! I’m new. I’m terrified. Lol
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Hi @tangerine11, it is okay to be terrified but know that you will not die from quitting smoking. Quitting smoking and staying quit is the greatest opportunity and the most important thing in your life.   Welcome.  Education is the key to a successful quit.  Learn about nicotine addiction. Quitting smoking is doable if you make quitting smoking your number one priority and make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke or vape is a good beginning.  Make a commitment never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept, not one puff ever. It is not by will power but your willingness to let it go forever.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work.   Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close. 

Welcome my friend... You have found the right place to break the addiction to nicotine. JACKIE1-25-15 has summed it up nicely. Go read the blog she indicated and get ideas to resist the craves. Glad to see you. Larry
elvan

Welcome to EX.  Please pay attention to the advice JACKIE1-25-15  has offered and remember that quitting is a journey, one day at a time, one step at a time.  It helps a lot to have a plan for your quit, education and support are vital as is your own commitment not to smoke, no matter what.  Once you accept the fact that smoking really does nothing FOR you, only TO you, your journey will get easier and you will grow into the person you were meant to be all along.
​Ellen
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tangerine11  Check in when you have a moment.
EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

How are you doing? Tangerine11 we're all here to help you in any way we can....