cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow420nc's Status Update on 05/16/2020

I quit smoking i applied patch last night before bed .any tips for  day 1. I have tried before but failed but I am not giving up this time I have set a goal for myself I can and will do this NOPE
6 Replies
Barbara145

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. Advice on day one?  You can do this.  Come to this site often.  Learn here and be supported here.  Most smokers need a lot of support.  Take good care of yourself.
maryfreecig

Congratulations on quitting. Stick to that goal you set--no matter what. Ex is here for you every day. 🙂
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX You bhave come to the right place for support. One quick tip. Replace the cigarette with water.  Deep breathing exercises will help. Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke or vape is a good beginning.  Make a commitment never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept not one puff ever. It is not by will power but your willingness to let it go forever.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work.   Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close. 
elvan

Welcome to EX...recovery from this addiction is one day at a time and there is no way to hurry it up.  It's a roller coaster of emotions at the beginning but it does get better.  I suggest you come here every morning and every evening and any time in between when you feel tempted.  Remember that no crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about smoking.  You absolutely CAN do this and you do not have to do it alone.
​Ellen
0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Congratulations on the decision to quit smoking...You can do this, be sure to read at http://www.becomeanex.org/my-quit-plan/ also, stay close to the support site.  We are here to help you...Colleen 530 DOF 
Barbscloud

Good morning.  I already wished you welcome on your other post.   Happy to hear you took the first step to success.  Stay close.
​Barb