cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scottishmist60's Status Update on 09/30/2020

Just picked my quit date 28th Oct .ive smoked a very long time I've cut down to 1/2 a pack a day pretty pleased with myself .i have health conditions lots. Of them I have to find a way of getting rid of those triggers .
0 Kudos
5 Replies
maryfreecig

Hi, scottishmist60. Welcome to Ex. When did you decide to quit? Are you getting support from your doctor, friends, family? Have you started your quit plan? Coming to Ex was a great step on your part. That's what we are here for, to support one another in quitting. Stick around, read, learn, plan and blog as much as you want to!
elvan

Welcome to EX! You need to identify your triggers & plan for them...what will you do INSTEAD of smoking? Make a list & PRACTICE. I suggest writing a blog & introducing yourself to the community, you will be astounded at the support you will get.
​Ellen
MarilynH

Welcome to the community you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the gift of LIFE please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT thankfully it's DOABLE and so very worth it to be Free. Scottishmist60

Thank you guys
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.   Use this time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create your quit plan.  I signed up for text messages from the Ex and received them daily prior to my quit date.  I found them helpful getting me excited as my quit date approached.   Stay close in the mean time and reach out anytime you need encouragement.  Look forward to celebrating with you on the 28th.
​Barb