cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Proudmommy77

Proudmommy77's Status Update on 09/13/2020

Begining steps of a journey today 9/12/2020. I had in my mind a quit date of today for some time. I started on a nicotine patch instead of  10-15 smokes I smoked 1 and 3/4  a ciggerate from 4 am until well now. feeling confident, had extra kids over. chaos came and it was way too real :normally controlled emotions coming out everywhere. How do u cope?   I'm determined to kick this nasty passion: nicotine to the curb.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
maryfreecig

Hi proudmommy77, congratulations for starting your quit. You cope one day at a time. Ex is here for you 24/7. This is a good place to come to because it's all about quitting. Read or join in, go at your own speed. Welcome to Ex.
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  If you have not done so already,  read about nicotine addiction on this site and create a quit plan. http://www.becomeanex.org/my-quit-plan/    How you cope is part of your plan.  Quitters on this site have used different things to aid in their quit.  Exercise, especially walking, is really helpful.  Chewing on straws was a life savior for me.   And of course relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing, is a great aid when you're have a craving. 
​We'e here to support you.  Just reach out anytime you need encouragement or want to share your journey.
​You can to do this one day at a time.  
Proudmommy77

Thank you. That's a great idea. I can handle my kids right now but conversations with others has been so hard. I'm like I dont want to discuss how I feel with my friends or family or loved ones ya know 
0 Kudos
Proudmommy77

Thank u both:)
0 Kudos
elvan

We have all been where you are, we have all dealt with the beginning of our quits. Quitting is not an event, it is a journey, one day at a time and when that's too long, make it one hour at a time.  It is a very good idea to have a plan and to be prepared to do something other than smoking when you feel a crave.  Remember that no crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about cigarettes.  I came here every morning and every evening when I quit smoking.  I read everything that was recommended to me, I read blogs, I commented, I asked for advice when I felt like I needed it and then I TOOK it.  I believed it when I was told that it would get easier with time.  It was not an easy beginning but it DID get easier and now I have more than 6 1/2 years of freedom.  We are here to help you in any way that we can. You can come here to vent ANY time.  I can promise you that there is someone at exactly the same place you are or else someone is just about to be there or has just passed it.  That's how this works, we lean on each other and we learn from each other.  I do not think I would still have a quit without this site.  Just think, you are probably helping someone right now.

​Welcome toEX.  Please think about writing a blog and introducing yourself to the community, you will get many more responses.
​Ellen
0 Kudos