cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mollybiscuit413's Status Update on 06/27/2019

Quit date of June 30th. Bought patches and I am ready. Had quit for 19 years and started again(long story). It’s been six years now that I have been smoking little cigars. I’ll be 62 in August and I notice how short of breath I get now. It is time. I know the first time I quit the first week was all physical and the next few weeks were mental. By the end of thirty days I was good with it.
18 Replies

Nice to meet you too Ellen. I am hoping I don’t cry more when I quit this time I have cried enough since my husband died. Well the day is approaching and I am determined but a bit nervous since I know what’s coming. But with your help and encouragement I know I can do this. Mollybiscuit was one of the best dogs we ever had. She was a rescue and came to us at 120lbs which is skin and bone for an adult English Mastiff. She topped out at 186lbs. She had been abandoned in a house. The owners just moved and left her behind. I really dislike people sometimes. Anyway I could go on about my dogs so I will stop here. It is going to be a scorcher here in N J today. Have a wonderful Saturday and thank you.
0 Kudos
elvan

I am in Virginia and it is going to be a scorcher here too...with wickedly high humidity. When I smoked, I stuffed all of my feelings down and never allowed myself to really experience them and grow with them.  We are emotionally stunted as smokers and recovery is not easy but it certainly is possible.

​I like animals better than most people, I do not have a dog but I have three cats, all rescues, people can be so cruel.
​Ellen
0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS AND WAY TO GO!
Giulia

Love the name Mollybiscuit, but nice to know the Diane.  Sorry you lost your husband.  It's such a major life change.  There's a lot of good humor in this group.  You'll see it sprinkled around here and there.  Here's to your tomorrow!  Chin up!
0 Kudos

Yes my three dogs are rescues. My Delilah just died from diabetes. My problem is I am on disability, getting left knee replaced July 9th, so I have a lot of time on my hands being alone. I smoke more from stress, grief and boredom at this point. I don’t really enjoy it anymore. But chin up I can do this!
0 Kudos
Giulia

New knee!!!!  Hope it all goes exceedingly well.  Several here have had knee replacements and are doing great!  One had a knee replaced in May and is having the other done in October and can't wait!  So be of good cheer.  
0 Kudos
elvan

Recognizing that you don't really enjoy it anymore will be helpful to your quit...find things you DO enjoy and ways to do them.  You will have more time and more money as an ex-smoker.  We are here to help in any way that we can.  Oh, and you know what?  Crying is not such a terrible thing, it is a way to let off steam.  Exercise is better and will release dopamine so you will feel better...you CAN do this.
​Ellen

I hopefully will be able to start going through my husband’s things. I’ll have the energy and time. Plus if I am going to cry might as well put it to se. lot’s of his clothes to donate and clear out. Going to finally clean out his car and donate that also. Tried to clean it out once before but it just felt so personal. I am going to put quitting to good use.
0 Kudos
elvan

Oh honey, I am so sorry, that has to be so incredibly hard.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.  Please know that we are here and that we will support you in any way that we can.  Plan some times for relief...walks, movies, something to get you out of your grief.  Take care of yourself.
​Ellen