cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissapowell

Melissapowell's Status Update on 05/22/2018

Struggling still. My anxiety is really bad right now. I would love to smoke/have nicotine. 
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TW517

Know what you mean.  I was 5'6", 130 lbs, and 30 inch waist for 40 years until I quit smoking and gained 26 lbs and 3 inches.  It finally does come off, but I felt pretty bad about in the meantime.  Wish I'd made better choices, but I really do believe what everyone here told me - your quit comes first before anything else.   
indingrl

Thanks for sharing and I gained 30.....you are NOT ALONE....congrats on 8 and half YEARS sober....try a step TEN and you will discover YOUR solution to pounds.....which with 8 and half years sober with a sponsor living the steps is YOUR choice lifestyle...correct....not one sip of alcohol and Never Take Another Puff....have your chosen to read Joel's book or watch video on nicotine addiction to get a NEW MIND SET.....the elders here SUGGESTED that to ME in MY early educating myself to think NEW and look at the positive NON SMOKER life style...choices choices choices.....carrot sticks.....celery sticks....strawberries and exercise daily with tons of water water water....elders taught ME....you gotta want a NEW MIND SET just for YOU....you go Melissa 8 and half years SOBER and now nicotine FREE......Yahooooooo for you Melissa and please keep coming back.
0 Kudos