cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo0817

Leo0817's Status Update on 07/09/2018

11 days smoke Free...I have my days where Im fighting like hell to not smoke and some days I don't even think twice about having a cigarette. I find my triggers are when I think about my life and my past. It hurt me so much that I need to smoke. But I don't..ii acknowledge the urge and let it pass by. I'm starting to get into to meditation...trying to make some healthy lifestyle changes!! #ImGoing2Win
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

Your life and your past!  Those are triggers?  But remember that smoking didn't help you through any of your life or your past. Smoking made you think it was helping  you through, but all it did was mask it, and every time you smoked, it would mask it only temporarily, enough until it wore off and you needed to smoke again and again, repeatedly!  It never helped you get through your life or your past!  It only masked it!  Now that you quit, now you can finally deal with your life and your past!   Smoking never allowed you to do that!  Need help???? We are all here to help!  Congrats Leo0817  on your 11 days of freedom from nicotine!  Keep on moving forward!  I have quite a life and past too, I use to mask it by smoking, and thinking that it was helping me cope!  It was a lie!   Stay strong, stay here!  We got your back! 
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 11 days won.   That's quite an accomplishment.   Just remember, the good, the bad, and the ugly are all triggers.  Try to plan for these events beforehand.   We've been suppressing a lot of emotions with our addictions and quitting is going to bring the close to the surface.   It's not easy, but it does get easier.  We're here for you if you need help--reach out!              119 DOF
0 Kudos