cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelliRose90

KelliRose90's Status Update on 06/15/2018

I’ve been quit for 5 days now... and I feel like I’m dying. I wasn’t ready to quit and felt pressured by my partner to quit. I REALLY enjoy smoking. I bought a pack 24 hours ago and haven’t opened it... but I think I am going to. I don’t know. I have said that like 30-40 times today already so who knows? But I’m really really really struggling 
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Giulia

Hi Kelli.  Quitting is something we have to come to grips with ourselves.  We can't be forced into it.  I always smoked MORE when I was hounded and pressured by people.  One of the things I learned when I quit is that we don't really "enjoy" smoking.  We may enjoy the dopamine high we get, but if you think back to that first ever cigarette, it really was kind of awful.  Wasn't it?  It make us choke and cough, made us feel dizzy and nauseous.  But we kept at it until we no longer experienced those feeling.  Truth is, cigarettes are still as poisonous to our bodies as they were back when we smoked our first.  It's just that our brains and bodies have adapted to them.  

​Do you want to quit?  That's a question you really need to sit down with yourself and contemplate.  If you do, you CAN.  Even if you don't, you CAN.  I didn't want to quit, but I did.  Because I knew it was the smart thing to do and I was tired of starting over and over again.  Quitting is a skill that can be learned.  If you want to learn it, you just need to practice and persevere.   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-lear...  I hope you DO quit.  If you hang out on this site for a while and get to know the people here, you will discover the "how."  And you will also discover right up close and personal what smoking does to people.  Because people generously express what they're going through as a result of smoking for years and years.  Stick around.  Even if you don't quit now, this site will spur that thought on in your head.  And it's not a bad thought to have.  
Daniela2016

Dear KelliRose90 , I am sorry I missed your status update, much like those who already responded I don't see it if I have not elected to follow you.
​You've received already so much guidance, you have a lot of work ahead of you 🙂  You are saying "I really, really like to smoke".  In fact it is the satisfying the addiction which gives you the short lived pleasure making you think you like it.  I am sure you would love to be an ex-smoker, and you have been for 5 days.  If you will be reading the documentation provided, you will learn the first week is the most difficult in your quit, and you almost got through it once.  However now you have tips in how to make it easier on you.  I hope you'll make the right decision for your health, and you will quit smoking.  And next time you need help, please write a blog with the word Help in the subject line, and many of us will read that and come to your rescue.  It is not an easy process, but we've all been through it, and made it, and are now enjoying the freedom being an ex=smoker gives you.
0 Kudos