Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jskeens1126

Jskeens1126's Status Update on 07/09/2017

2nd day..struggle.i can do this
0 Kudos
9 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome, Jskeens1126! Glad you are here. Congrats on day 2 in progress. Yes you can do this.
0 Kudos
Jskeens1126

Thank you..its hard
0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on your quit and welcome to EX.  I don't know what you have done to prepare or what you are doing to maintain your quit...there are lots of things to do other than smoke.  I got this from YoungAtHeart  101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke. There is also Allen Carr's book, "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking.  I advise going to JonesCarpeDiem's page and reading "What to Expect the First 140 Days."  You will get all kinds of support here, I believe that education and support are the keys to a successful quit.  I have been quit for more than three years now and I really credit this site with keeping me that way.

​Again, welcome.
​Ellen
0 Kudos
Jskeens1126

Actually cold turkey..i just got up yestetday and said no more.this is the only site im on.
elvan

It's a good idea to call it "Smart Turkey" as SkyGirl  did some time ago.  There are  a LOT of people on this site and we all want very much to help you and support you and make this as steady a quit as possible.  Read blogs, comment, put the word HELP in the subject line of your blog if you feel that you are going to lose your quit.  Hang on, it DOES get easier, I promise you that, if you stick with this site and the people here.  I will not tell you that it will be easy, it certainly wasn't for ME. I WILL tell you that it is DOABLE.  There are many quotes that helped me at the beginning and even now.  My mantra, when I started was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.   I also loved and STILL love, "Just keep them away from your face."  "One step and then another will get you to where you want to be." PLEASE remember that smoking will not help you in any way, it will not solve any problems or take care of any feelings you are struggling with.  No crave ever killed anyone but no one can say the same thing about smoking.  I sucked on sour candies at the beginning of my quit, I ALWAYS kept cold water close by and drank it through a straw.  I came to this site every single morning and every single evening...I read blogs, I commented on blogs, I listened to the elders...those who have been here for over a year.  Please know that we are here and that we will do anything and everything that we can to help you.  Tell us about yourself, how long you smoked, any particular struggles you may be having.  Keep in mind that smoking kept us from really feeling things, it made it so we stuffed our feelings...sadness, anger, stress, grief.  We did not learn how to handle our feelings as we were growing up, we did not learn to deal with issues the way that nonsmokers did, we have to learn that now.  Quitting is not an event, it is a journey and it is going to have ups and downs and good days and bad days, it is life.  One day at a time (sometimes one hour at a time) and one step at a time, sometimes they have to be baby steps.  Be kind to yourself but be firm with your addiction, it is going to keep trying to be part of your life.  No one can quit FOR you but we can certainly do our best to help you and support you the way that we were supported when we started.  There is not one person here who has not been where you are now.

​Ellen
0 Kudos
MarilynH

I also quit cold turkey and am very happy that you are here, stay close and read everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom, congratulations on your 2nd precious smoke free day. 
0 Kudos

Yes, you can!
0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

You can do this by educating yourself and relearning your behavior and mindset.  Words have power, think it is not a struggle it is a challenge that is doable. You are able to meet this challenge because you are stronger than any cigarette.  Welcome to EX.    Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking. You have come to the right place for a new day and a rebirth. This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke free. Quitting smoking requires hard work.  It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what.   Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.    Education is the key to a successful quit.  Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.     

The link is here:  http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started. 

We will support you. You are on your journey to freed
elvan

Jskeens1126  SEE, the A team has arrived and now you are not only going to feel supported, you are going to feel uplifted!  
0 Kudos