cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HoytGirl

HoytGirl's Status Update on 01/17/2018

73 days not one puff though I've wanted one a whole lot of times. Its worst when I complete a task and did a good job, the congrats cig..but I'm completing tasks well BECAUSE I quit, haha funny how that works. 
8 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats!  Did you pick a different thing to reward yourself? There is no such thing as a reward cig.
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Sandi4

HoytGirl Congratulations!!!! You're doing great.  I know what you mean about the "congrats cigarette." I used to have one after completing my workout...how crazy was that?
0 Kudos
Giulia

Nice going on the 73 days quit!   I know just what you mean about that accomplishment cigarette.  It's like a treat (and a way to take a break) after finishing a task.  That was the toughest trigger for me to get over.  I have never found a substitute for it.  But time has altered the need and now it's just a momentary blip on the screen of my mind.  Time is the cure.  Stick with it.
elvan

Giulia  is right...that cigarette I smoked after I completed something was hard to give up but time IS the cure...so is staying close to this site and blogging, commenting...realizing that you are not alone on this journey.  Congratulations on 73 days.  You are in No Man's Land, you might want to check out roller831 's weekly blog about NML and how others are doing.  I looked forward to weekly blogs through NML when I quit.  Please remember that we are here and that we have all been where you are.
​Ellen
Bree19

HoytGirl - Oh yes the reward cigarette. 
​And everything I did, seemed to  deserve a reward.  From hanging out washing to dry, all the way to cooking dinner for 12 people. Smokebreak!! 
​Wonderful not to need that anymore.  It was one of the tough ones to let go of.  Now it's a passing thought but I had to work at it.  Hang tough.  Stay close.  Blessings.  Bree
elvan

HoytGirl  and Bree19  Yep...I needed to be rewarded for everything I did...I also needed a "planning" cigarette to decide what I was going to get done during the day.  I am ashamed to say this but there was a time when I had to take a break in the middle of a workout to smoke.  Seriously...I am paying the fiddler now and his price is nonnegotiable.
​Ellen
ElTyGuy

Excellent work!! Proud of you!
0 Kudos
Bree19

elvan
​Right!! I forgot about the planning cigarette!!  The making my list cigarette.  Then coffee.  And on and on.  
HoytGirl
​73 days are amazing.  Keep stacking the days.  It's so worth it!