cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hope-25

Hope-25's Status Update on 04/12/2019

Seven days now. Almost all withdrawal symptoms is gone. My health and breathing is much better. However, and   frankly  speaking I missed smoking!! 

​Hope-25 
6 Replies
Barbscloud

Big congrats on 7 days.  Hell week is over!   The psychological aspect lasts much longer.  Continue to educate yourself so you're prepared.  Missing smoking at this stage is normal.  We smoked everyday for almost every reason.  It will take some time to adjust  You're doing great!   Barb
0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Your brain is still not used to functioning without nicotine so 'missing' smoking is to be expected.  You can miss it and still not smoke, right?  Glad your breathing and health are better!!  Keep up the good work.  You are doing this!!!  Have you given yourself any little 'reward' for being 7 days smoke free?  Maybe a manicure or time with a good book?  Take good care of yourself as you are going through this process!
0 Kudos

of course you do. It takes time to stop thinking about it. Onward and Upward!  
0 Kudos
TW517

Congrats!!!  7 days is huge!  The missing it part does go away eventually, I promise.
0 Kudos
elvan

Seven days is great but it takes time to get used to not being a smoker.  That first week is "affectionately" referred to as Hell Week.  The fact that you are already experiencing such improvements is wonderful, good for you.

​Keep going.
​Ellen
0 Kudos
indingrl

It is SUGGESTED to write a goodbye letter to OUR best friend and  lover and comforter - OUR cdrug NICOTINE- it may sound silly yet it is SUGGESTED just to do it - so I did and it HELP ME to cut the ties that bind and it was very HELPFUL for ME- just sharing the knowledge and wisdom by the ELDERS here. - who did wrote their good bye leyter and it worked for them- CONGRATS ON YOUR OWN NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE- WAY TO GO! Gentle hug.