cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gamb0414

Gamb0414's Status Update on 09/17/2018

The coughing.  It makes me scared I wait too long to finish Ballet get in control.  2 days 14 hours.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Barbscloud

Are you saying you're coughing a lot since you quit?   If so, it's very common for your body to respond that way.  Congats on your 2 days.
0 Kudos
Gamb0414

Barb: yes. I know I have to do this but it is scaring me this time. On top of that I’ve a head cold.  Coughing less than rhe weekend, but still hacking. 
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Confused at what you mean by "It makes me scared I wait too long to finish Ballet get in control."
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Gamb0414

Bad typing. I waited too long to get control. Sorry about that

Gwyn Bissonette

0 Kudos
elvan

It is very common to cough a lot after you quit but if you have a head cold at the same time, you may need to slow down your activities and give yourself a chance to feel better.  I am a big fan of mucinex, the generic version, because it thins down any mucous and helps you to get it up.  I also recommend EmergenC with immune support but I don't take that at night because it wakes me up...not sure why.  Drink lots and lots of water, also orange juice if you can.  Be patient with your body, it has some recovering to do and it's cleaning house.  If you don't feel like you are improving in a day or so, I would have a doctor check you out and listen to your lungs and make sure you don't need something more, like an inhaler.  Whatever happens, not smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself.
​Ellen
0 Kudos
Gamb0414

Ellen:  Thanks for the reach out.  I have been laying low.  Musinex and Lortadin D for the head cold.  I am feeling better today.  Still coughing but not as bad.

​4 DOF
0 Kudos
elvan

Keep up those fluids...they thin out the mucous too.  How annoying to get a cold early in your quit.  I had pneumonia but it was before I quit and I was so sick that I COULDN'T cough, I could not get enough air in to effectively cough, that's what smoking does...says the lady using a nebulizer right now.

​Congratulations on four days!  AWESOME!
0 Kudos