cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Free2Be62

Free2Be62's Status Update on 05/26/2018

Hi Everyone. Just want to say hello. I’m 55 years old & have been smoking 41 years. I smoked my last cigarette 22 HRS ago...feels a bit torturous physically right now.. cravings are awful...chewing on cinnamon sticks...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barb102

Welcome. We are all hear for you. Please make sure you read everything you can on this site. Ask the Elders for help they are the best. Arm yourself with things to occupy your mind when a crave comes. I promise it will get better. Just work on it and never give up. Our favorite word is NOPE not one puff ever!!  You can do this. If I can anyone can I smoked over 40 years too. I’m on day 127 and damn proud of it. Sure I get craves. But you just take it one day at time. I know you can do this

​Barb
gregp136

You should be at 24 hours right now!  One day in the books.  Look forward to craves this week, yes, but focus on the reasons you want to leave that evil nicotine behind you.  And don't fight the urges, let them flow over you, and then let them pass.
Free2Be62

Thanks, EXes! : ) 47 & 1/4 hrs! The cravings are terrible! Not using any  Nicotine replacement...just Chantix. my Addiction keeps saying “ no worries! When “this” is OVER it’ll be time to smoke...” lol. It hasn’t caught on yet...it was over 2 days ago & there’s no cigarette on the horizon..
0 Kudos