cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forem-mylife69's Status Update on 08/26/2020

My quit date is getting close and I am so nervous that I will fail at this again. I quit last year in September and started back in January during a crisis in my family then this quarantine I just ended up smoking more. So here I am again I am glad to have found this group and thank you for all of your support..
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s,,,be sure to read at http://www.becomeanex.org/my-quit-plan/ ... keep close to the support group...we are here to help you...come often and respond to posts and write them...You can do this...Happy Wednesday ~ Colleen 632 DOF 
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking. You have come to the right place for support. .  Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the EX Community you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and learn more about  your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come

I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me More info is available at this site  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help‌.  The main thing is to stay close.  Come here first before you light up. Talk about it.  We will help. FYI When you write it would get more visibility in conversations, questions, or a blog as opposed to your status updates. Which is more of a thread that is not visible very long. 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Being nervous is normal.  We've smoked through  every life event and emotion.  Use this time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan These two steps make all the difference and give you the confidence you need to be successful.   You can do this if you approach it one day at a time.  Check in on your quit date so we can celebrate the day!
​Reach out anytime you need encouragement.
​    Barb

Welcome! Read the blogs. Always full of wisdom!
elvan

Welcome to EX, you have a whole community that will support you now. Read blogs, stay close, & let us know how we can help you.
​Ellen
0 Kudos