cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dezholliday

Dezholliday's Status Update on 02/23/2019

I slipped I'm so ashamed in myself... today I start over sorry to the community I know you all have been committed and supportive. Thing is from slipping I learned just how big cravings will be when and what kind of stress I'm up against. Plus I never want to feel this disappointed in myself ever again. 
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mandolinrain

Let go, your here now and that's what counts....today and the days ahead. Figure out what triggered your crave and make a list of how you will prevent it from happening again! Your gonna be fine. Just dont forget your homework, we are still all here for you and always will be 🙂
Barb102

Exactly figure out what triggered it.  Then you will be prepared for next time   Tiggers happen to all of us   Read and be prepared. Don’t beat yourself up start over.  This is where I used to make my mistake. I’d blew my quit and say I can’t do this and not try again and again whatever it takes. I’m 401 DOF after many quit times. I did it so can you. We are here to support you. 
elvan

Don't beat yourself up, it won't do any good, in fact, it might do a lot of harm.  You are here and the only one you let down who COUNTS...is YOU.  Starting over is serious work and the advice you have gotten from Mandolinrain  and Barb102  are absolutely priceless.  LEARN from this and go forward.  You can do this.  I cannot tell you how many times it took me to get to this forever quit...I MEAN that, this IS my forever quit.  I will never smoke again.  I have done so much damage to my poor old body that I do not EVER want to to that again.  I smoked from when I was 17 until a little over five years ago...WOW, what a waste of a perfectly lovely body and mind...I am so committed to my quit now and I will do anything and everything I can to help anyone else on this journey.

​We ARE here for you.  If you feel like you are going to get into trouble again...come here FIRST...post a blog and put the word HELP in the subject line.  First of all, we will be here to help you if we CAN and secondly, just writing out what you are feeling is likely to open your eyes,

​Best to you,
​Ellen
indingrl

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW DAY NICOTINE FREE! GOOD JOB! WAY TO GO!!! Yahoooooo
0 Kudos