cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coyote1

Coyote1's Status Update on 07/02/2019

My status update is that I smoked last night, got waaaaay too tipsy. Beat myself up AND feel terrible. Recognizing and fully accepting I also definitely have a drinking problem is tough. I don't actually want to quit that. Even though it would make my life better in so many ways. 
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Barbscloud

So, instead of feeling terrible (we're not judging) when is your new quit date?   Today, tomorrow?
0 Kudos
TriGirl

It is definitely recommended to stay away from alcohol in the beginning of your quit. It messes with your judgement. I think you picked three words to describe what you want to be earlier: Healthy, Wise, Strong. 

​In another blog I read tonight, someone said: "What could that cigarette possibly do for you that you can't do for yourself?" Replace the word cigarette with any vice and there is the crux of the problem. You are capable of defeating the monsters controlling you-- but you have to regain control in order to win.

​And yes, you can.
DonnaMarie

You smoked yesterday. Don't smoke today. I sorta gave up drinking for no apparent reason. Now I'm a tad older and not willing to experience a hangover, so firewater is not for me.

​I hope you're doing well today!

​Donna
​Day 198
0 Kudos
Coyote1

I have not had another since. I actually don't even want one.  My partner smoked I didn't even want to go with him.  I watched a movie where the character smokes and it didn't even trigger me. I will take this as a small victory. I know the desire might pop back up but for some reason I howser don't want it.  I was lucky enough to see Eddie Izzard the other night.  He and she spoke of running a bunch of marathons. I want to do this.  If he can I can. 
Barbscloud

That's great.   Glad you're back on track.   Have a wonderful smoke free 4th.

​Barb
0 Kudos